Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a highly-motivated leader and phenomenal teammate to join the Partner Practice Development (PPD) team!
Twilio’s Partner Solutions Architects (PSA) work closely with the Partner Alliance Manager (PAM) team and serve as a strategic technical advisor to their assigned Partner(s), provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders, and ensure the highest levels of Partner satisfaction. The PSA’s time is split between pre and post sales activities, acting as the Twilio knowledge expert to our SI Partners, and engaging other SMEs across the organization to develop, launch, and support innovative technology adoption programs.
The PPD Solutions Architect position is a strategic role that requires a balance of strategy with a strong roll-up your sleeves and 'get it done' mentality. Candidates will work closely with developers, architects, and business leaders acting as their trusted advisor during the entire technology adoption journey with Twilio. The individual must be passionate about technology and technology trends particularly in relation to core platform development as they evangelize within their Partner’s developer community.
The most successful PPD SAs have a broad range of IT and consulting experience with deep functional knowledge of Twilio cloud computing environments. The key characteristics we are looking for in our candidates are:
- Ability to build trusting relationships among the Partner developer community and evangelize Twilio’s products
- Experience leading engagements with both business and technical partners
- Good coaching skills with ability to understand key business requirements, and strong communication in articulating a solution design
- Comfortable running live technical discovery, demo sessions, and technical architecture whiteboarding
- Previous experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Background in messaging/telephony solutions, contact center technology, or prior experience using Twilio’s platform would be a significant advantage
- A desire to be curious, collaborative, and humble
- Native level Japanese skill and business level English
This role will report to the Managing Director, Global Partner Practice Development.
The PPD SA works as part of a tight-knit Alliances & Reseller team that incorporates other PSAs, Partner Account Managers, Partner Training and Certification COE, and Product Managers, so it is crucial that individuals demonstrate critical thinking, strong active listening skills, and involve other members of the team when required.
- BE INCLUSIVE- Manage assigned Partner’s technical engagement activities for Twilio solutions. Work directly with their partner(s) to develop joint technology adoption programs.
- DRAW THE OWL- Design and deliver region relevant presentations, programs, and content to their assigned Partner(s). Align with the PAM team and Twilio business partners to drive strategic corporate initiatives and objectives.
- BE AN OWNER- Ensure effective and timely communications including evangelizing Twilio’s ecosystem strategy & capabilities. Conduct regular cadences between assigned partner(s) and business partners. Maintain dashboards that communicate to Executive Leadership the effectiveness of identified programs and investments.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE- Connect the proper Partner and Twilio resources to achieve solution and enablement business plan goals. Handle Partner’s expectations; negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the Partner and internal teams. Identify and proactively handle risk areas with a commitment to seeing each issue through to complete resolution.
- WRITE IT DOWN- Demonstrate highly developed soft skills with the ability to adjust communication style based on the audience and situations. This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities; at times other duties may be assigned as needed.
In this role, as part of the Partner Practice Development team, you will have the opportunity to enable our consulting and technology partners, establish a practice for them to build profitable business with Twilio, and make a difference for our customers!
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths.
This position will be located in our Tokyo office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has modernized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.