Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Flex is growing rapidly and is looking for an accomplished, dynamic, and framework agnostic Scrum Master to be a key contributor within the Flex Business Operations Team. You will help define and support a non-textbook, lightweight set of base principles and different practices for our Agile-diverse Flex teams that will empower them to deliver their chosen work with predictability and consistency. You will serve as a trusted advisor to Product and Engineering teams and partners, helping them flow value to our customers with a high degree of predictability and consistency. You will serve as scrum master for two teams, mentor partners, and help us nurture a high-trust environment that relies on good data and even better visibility to make decisions. You know what Shu/Ha/Ri is, and you have arrived at Ri without skipping Shu and Ha.
Twilio is looking for a Staff, Scrum Master who:
- Has 3+ years of proven experience as a Scrum Master, preferably in a B2B SaaS environment.
- Is a Certified Scrum Master.
- Has an expert ability to prioritize, block & seek, and influence others towards responsiveness & accountability.
- Has a flexible, service-oriented style with a strong understanding of the problem determination/problem resolution process.
- Is a uniter, with a consistent track record of being the focal partners to align cross-program communication, with a focus on helping Flex reduce the need for cross-functional collaboration.
- Recognize areas for process improvement relative to customer’s lifecycle, standards, and supporting processes.
- Has consistent and measurable success with improving organizational efficiency and program effectiveness using a variety of both standard and more novel approaches.
- Possesses second-to-none intellectual curiosity and deep compassion for people.
As a Staff, Scrum Master, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Serve as a Scrum Master for multiple teams. Adopt a contagiously positive attitude about Agile, ensure “flow” is happening, facilitate Scrum and scaled events, ensure visibility into dependencies, impediments, and progress using Agile-forward practices.
- DRAW THE OWL: Help identify framework-agnostic solutions to trouble spots within Flex process.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work collaboratively with other Twilions who may approach their work differently to track cross-organizational dependencies and promote the success of Flex.
- BE BOLD: Be an agent of change as we strengthen our Agile skills across the organization. Provoke and facilitate discussion and conflict resolution within your Scrum Teams.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop lightweight documentation through visualization (boards, etc), track metrics, and provide impactful feedback on findings. Participate proactively in developing and maintaining standards, tools and good practices.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Enable teams to deliver on committed work by identifying, and mentoring through, root causes of rollover, missed commitments, excessive unplanned work. Consistently raise the bar, and drive a culture of realistic expectations management.
The Flex product is central to Twilio's vision to serve the developer community. It is the contact center platform of the future, enabling customers to have a fully customizable contact center solution. Flex is Twilio’s flagship application product built on top of Twilio’s communication primitives. We serve both enterprise customers, partners and the developers that work to customize their Flex solution.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be attached to our Tallinn hub. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.