Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a senior software test engineer to be a key member of the Twilio Flex R&D unit. Flex is Twilio’s contact center platform and is a unique solution that provides customers with the building blocks they need to build a fully customized contact center solution to meet their needs. You would be one of the first engineers in Bangalore, India for the Flex R&D unit. Reporting to an Engineering Manager, you will play a key role in leading and designing test frameworks, developing automated tests, executing tests, and acting as the quality champion and be an advocate for the customers. You would translate product requirements to use cases and ensure the solution is validated from all aspects (functionality, scale, reliability, security, observability, negative and boundary conditions) before deploying in production. You will influence design for various product capabilities and bring in a test driven development attitude to deploy features with the highest reliability that will enable Twilio to achieve our goal of being the world’s most trusted customer engagement platform.
Twilio is looking for a strong Software Test Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of validating large enterprise cloud applications through automation and simulation, has experience and exposure to the entire development lifecycle from idea to design, requirements to implementation, testing through deployment, and beyond into support. You will also have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related proven experience.
- 7-10 years of software development and test experience in a modern programming language (Go, Python, Java, Ruby).
- Experience writing and executing tests at different stages - unit, integration, chaos, scale, staging.
- Experience with automated test tools such as Selenium and open source automated test tools.
- Familiarity with robotic automation tools such as UIPath.
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other public cloud infrastructure platforms. Multi-region deployment is a plus.
- Experience validating distributed systems at scale based on microservices architecture.
- Experience with container technologies - Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience implementing modern automated testing and CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to translate architecture and designs into concrete test plans and test cases.
- Champion of good engineering habits: development and test techniques, security, tech debt reduction.
- Strong belief in automation over toil.
- Positive attitude and aptitude to learn and execute quickly in a small team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong expertise in solving sophisticated production issues.
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- Previous experience with Contact Center and Customer Engagement solutions is a plus.
As a Software Test Engineer (L4), you will:
- Define and drive implementation of testing framework that codifies the practices and tools that support automated testing and CI/CD on your team.
- Act as the quality champion for the team, bringing your unique perspective that challenges the team to think about resiliency, operability, scalability and observability.
- Build test plans and define acceptance criteria that drive quality practices in the team.
- Contribute to the body of automated tests for the team, but not on your own, we work as a team and all engineers write and execute tests.
- Manage your work through the use of GitHub, Jira, and Twilio’s build/deploy systems.
- Collaborate with other team members, including Product team, to help influence, own, and improve solution offering.
- Help define, break down and prioritize work in partnership with the team.
- Work independently to troubleshoot/determine resolution for issues in your team's domain.
- Participate in design meetings and Agile ceremonies.
- Be responsible for documentation of projects you work on.
- Rapidly acquire new technical skills and knowledge in a fast-paced, high-delivery environment.
- Help junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their
Twilio Flex is an Omni-channel contact center platform built on top of Twilio’s communications products. Flex is a truly innovative SaaS solution which incorporates programmability into every layer of the stack allowing our customers to create a unique solution that meets their needs. This creates an amazing opportunity as well as an exciting engineering challenge to deliver a capable SaaS product that we invite our customers directly into so that they can customize its use. In this role, you will work with other engineering teams to extend the feature set offering to customers and therefore the overall solution reach of Flex. Your success would deliver great customer experiences at major brands around the world (Twilio’s customers), and you would enable them to deliver better services to their customers.
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in Bengaluru, Karnataka. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, India, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore, Sydney, and Tallinn.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.