Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for an experienced Software Architect to be a key leader in building out Twilio’s Healthcare vertical. This role will join a team tasked with enabling Twilio healthcare customers to build world-class patient communication and engagement solutions on Twilio’s platform. This role will start as an individual contributor, leading the architecture and development of healthcare solutions, but will be positioned to build out a team to scalably support the growth in the healthcare industry.
At Twilio, we are looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of building technology in Healthcare.
- An experienced architect with 12+ years experience and in-depth expertise in healthcare data infrastructure and standards (HL7, FHIR, EDI)
- You have first-hand experience with Electronic Health Records (EHR) integrations and know the technologies involved
- You deeply understand the best ways to build systems for the cloud with experience in AWS, GCP or Azure
- You are an API first developer who understands the power of platforms
- You distill complex and ambiguous situations into impactful plans. You can lead both engineering and management
- You are passionate about engineering hygiene and operational excellence. You have the know-how to build an engineering organization that delivers it
As a Software Architect, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Own the effort in building the first industry-focused R&D team in launching solutions that healthcare customers will love
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Sales Engineers, Solution Architects, and other R&D teams to deliver outputs that customers need
- WRITE IT DOWN: Be a thoughtful leader in your space and share your knowledge in a scalable way by documenting vision, viewpoint, and technical content
- BE AN OWNER: Provide engineering leadership and ensure you are solving the most critical problems, while ensuring your outputs are scalable, performant, and highly available
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be the healthcare technical domain specialist for all of Twilio and empower others with knowledge to better account for healthcare needs
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work with teams across the entire organization to move the needle on healthcare verticalization
Twilio’s Healthcare business is one of the fastest growing industry verticals and has been particularly impactful in Twilio’s response to COVID-19. Twilio’s in a position to transform the way that healthcare businesses communicate and engage with their patients, and we are the team committed and tasked with leading this effort.
This position will be located in Bengaluru, Karnataka. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.