Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Business Operations Specialist to join our Support Strategy & Enablement Team! You will be responsible for synchronizing process improvement plans with other process owners and stakeholders within the Customer Support Organization. You will ensure appropriate process designs, including the correct business requirements to aid in defining the process mission, vision, tactics, goals, objectives, Key Performance Indicators, and the measures that are aligned with the organization strategies. You will work cross-functionally to gain knowledge and understanding of how a process fits into the bigger picture to help to build agreement across teams and find opportunities for improvement. You will contribute to and utilize decision-making frameworks to promote visibility and thinking, aligning key partners, influencing decision-making with leadership audiences, and working at building productive and positive relationships at all levels. You will have good communication and organization skills and be able to partner effectively within Customer Support and with other organizations multi-functionally.
Twilio is looking for a driven individual with a passion for Customer Success who lives the Twilio Magic and is able to combine strategic, analytical, and big-picture thinking to drive detailed, operational excellence through process improvements and implementation. This individual must have relevant experience deconstructing and documenting sophisticated business processes and in driving continuous improvement through the analysis of inefficiencies, using good judgement and available data to make recommendations for moving projects forward. This is a highly active, roll-up-your-sleeves role, and candidates must be prepared to balance multiple priorities at once.
- 5+ years of experience as a manager in a Customer Support organization for a high growth, SaaS company, preferably across multiple roles.
- 4+ years of demonstrated ability in a process design, analysis, or oversight role, including:
- Evaluating existing business processes; resolving and outlining improvements.
- Coordinating business systems and process improvement strategies with internal partners.
- Being responsible for all aspects related to the implementation stages of improvement initiatives. Experience in traditional project management principles is a plus.
- Analyzing and monitoring implemented changes to business systems and processes and making adjustments as needed.
- Performing ongoing analysis on business systems and processes related to productivity, quality, costs, and time management.
- Preparing progress reports and integrating feedback.
- Revising and updating procedures and policies.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic and long-term thinking, with an eye on current operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a problem solver taking an organized and logical approach to thinking through problems, breaking down complex issues into manageable parts and looking beyond the obvious to get at root causes.
- You’re a learner and collaborator at your core, you innovate, iterate and share knowledge and/or standard methodologies to help the broader team succeed.
- You have experience in working with tools like Zendesk, Looker, Salesforce, Confluence, G Suite, LucidChart, Airtable, or other comparable systems.
As the Business Ops Specialist, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with support delivery stakeholders to define and evaluate core Support processes globally, understand key performance metrics, identify improvements, and develop programs to drive measurable outcomes.
- DON’T SETTLE: Deep dive into metrics to identify root cause, resolve improvements, and willing to take action on any insights to evolve the current climate.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Efficiently and effectively communicate, track plans, and provide visibility to the progress and performance of your work to team members
- BE AN OWNER: Jump into the details of how we are owning the work by conducting interviews with global partners, synthesize findings, and bridge qualitative insights with supporting data to deliver the best solutions
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans to deliver improvements to the support delivery teams.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is essential in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in time dedicated to pursuing hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe phenomenal work can be done anywhere. Around the globe, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience an organization that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience! Twilio has modernized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks