Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
It’s time to build! Twilio's CIAO team (Cloud Insights and Optimizations) team is looking for an inspired, humble Software Engineer to empower Twilions to optimize the cloud infrastructure usage without sacrificing Twilio’s customer’s trust. You will empower teams with tools to provide visibility into their infrastructure spend, infrastructure efficiency, tagging, taxonomy and automate discovery and actions for recurring wastage patterns across all cloud services like Amazon Web Services (AWS) & Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Twilio is looking for a motivated Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated capacity to learn and adapt, with a passion to build services and tooling that enable other engineering teams. Developers should have demonstrated success building production backend and UI systems. They also:
- Develop solutions for complicated problems both independently and with team members.
- Help automate solutions for ops issues, such as monitoring, performance, planning, and disaster response.
- Independently fix and resolve complicated issues in their domain.
- Use experience as a guide to determine when a solution is good enough.
- Lead software development processes.
- Interpret product requirements in order to author technical specifications.
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers.
- Act as point of contact for software components.
- 4+ years of production software development experience.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience building service oriented architectures, microservices or REST APIs.
- Experience building, deploying and monitoring cloud-based applications.
- Proficiency in one programming language and strong familiarity with at least 1 other.
- Experience with a database such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB.
- Experience with monitoring and instrumentation of distributed systems is a plus.
As a Software Engineer on CIAO team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Design, implement, test rigorously and support microservices at scale in a collaborative environment. Advocate for and implement operational standard methodologies and serve on-call for the team’s services.
- DRAW THE OWL: Demonstrate quickness in learning and ability to teach constantly. Take part in sprint, weekly, and quarterly planning ceremonies.
- BE INCLUSIVE & EMPOWER OTHERS: Consistently share your ideas and request feedback. Mentor more junior engineers to grow professionally.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Communicate complex ideas simply through verbal and written communication.
Every business with a presence in the cloud needs to have a Cloud Center of Excellence – a team that is tasked with the responsibility of developing a framework for business’s cloud operations. One of the most important roles of the team is governing the infrastructure spend and building out best practices throughout the business to optimize cost.
CIAO (Cloud Insights and Optimizations) team at Twilio implements key functions of CCoE by empowering Twilions with tools to provide visibility/governance into their spend, infrastructure efficiency, tagging methodology for infrastructure, automation of discovery and actions for recurring wastage patterns and evangelizes standard methodologies to create efficient micro-services in the cloud.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be in Bogota, South America. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For more info, see Twilio’s 2023 D&I pledge and plan