Because you belong at Twilio.
Twilio is growing fast and is looking for a Software Development Engineer as a Technical Lead to join our Studio Frontend team. At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. Twilio Studio (https://www.twilio.com/studio) is our low-code visual application platform for building communication workflows. It's the fastest way to build and scale applications like IVRs and chatbots on Twilio. This is an opportunity to be part of the team that makes it easier for professional and citizen developers to build communication workflows and interfaces for Twilio’s customers.
- 5+ years of experience with React, RESTFul APIs, Typescript, HTML, and CSS
- Provided technical leadership to team members and passionate about it
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language and developing scalable systems on AWS or other cloud platforms.
- Experience and passion for optimizing websites for performance
- A bias toward automation, maximising existing tools to ensure stable, clean, well-tested code gets deployed to production
- Owned and operated heavily used frontend systems end-to-end from debugging and testing to release management and monitoring
- The ability to communicate well- in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support members
- Empathy for your customers and teammates
- You have 5+ years relevant work experience, or a relevant degree supplemented with experience in the field
As a Frontend Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Work with other engineering teams and with members of the product organisation to distill internal and customer needs into requirements and tech specs
- DRAW THE OWL: Build new features
- DON’T SETTLE: Architect new systems and design APIs with a focus on testability, and maintainability
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Help resolve technical issues and blockers for internal and external customers
- BE AN OWNER: Drive high engineering standards on the team through code review, automated testing, and mentoring. We care what our code looks like, and you should too
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with colleagues on a small, energetic team
Twilio Studio (https://www.twilio.com/studio) is our low-code visual application platform for building communication workflows. It's the fastest way to build and scale applications like IVRs and chatbots on Twilio today. Because it is a visual tool and requires very little code, Studio not only accelerates professional developers to build quickly, but also enables "citizen developers" to directly implement on Twilio’s platform without a development team. Studio is part of a larger industry trend that is helping change the definition of a developer to include anyone who has the builder mentality.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in one of our US based offices or can be US based fully remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.