Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Flex is growing rapidly and is looking for a highly hardworking, curious, and action oriented Sr. Business Analyst to be a key contributor of the Flex Business Operations team to develop reporting and analytics capabilities, proactively surface underpinning and opportunities for growth, and crispy socialize those takeaways to multi-functional teams. You will expand the use of our business intelligence platforms & underlying data infrastructure, and drive metrics reporting & analysis that will advise strategic planning and tactical decisioning across Development, GTM (Sales, Marketing, customer Success), Support, and Finance teams.
As a Sr. Business Analyst you will take a service oriented, consultative approach to measure fast moving strategic priorities and surface opportunities.
- 5+ years professional in an analyst role performing quantitative analysis, building dashboard and reports, and working with business partners to organize data that drives meaningful decisioning, in a B2B business.
- Solid understanding of data processing from descriptive to predictive across data ingestion, prep, development, and end user adoption.
- Sophisticated understanding and use of SQL, relational databases, and visualization tools (e.g. Looker and Tableau).
- A structured problem solver who consistently displays a deep understanding of the problem determination/problem resolution process, and goes above and beyond to fully understand the scope of a problem the business is trying to solve before diving into data.
- Track record of consistent execution with high attention to detail and commitment to quality in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- High level of intellectual curiosity, with a willingness to guide others and learn new techniques.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication with the ability to clearly translate data insights to meaningful business solutions..
- Good interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
As a Sr. Business Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Drive impactful analysis and visualizations that elevates Flex’s operating data to deliver business outcomes, and help our partners exceed their goals
- BE AN OWNER: Be a valued enabling business partner to your teammates and Flex’s multi-functional teams that uses data as a roadmap to profitable growth.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Be clear and streamlined in surfacing why the data you’re surfacing is important, how it should be interpreted, and what are the specific actions to be taken as a result.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Develop an intimate understanding of processes and dataflows of Development, GTM, Support, Finance and other multi-functional teams so you can design and deliver meaningful data and insights.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Use your extensive experience to plan and drive what gets done in what order.
- BE BOLD: Proactively find improvement areas, develop solutions, drive execution and deliver value.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be a true partner, understand the questions behind requests and solve the problem with the best method for the problem.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Surface and communicate key insights that drive impactful decisions.
The Flex product is central to Twilio's vision to serve the developer community. It is the contact center platform of the future, enabling customers to have a fully customizable contact center solution. Flex is Twilio’s flagship application product built on top of Twilio’s communication primitives. We serve both enterprise customers, partners and the developers that work to customize their Flex solution.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote, attached to our New York hub. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: 74,944.00 - 93,680.00
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks