Because you belong at Twilio
Twilio is seeking a passionate, creative, and curious Senior Analyst to join Twilio.org’s Business Operations & Analytics team. This is an excellent role for an analytical and motivated professional who would enjoy producing analytics that directly shape our business and help us identify areas of positive social impact. In this role, you will get to partner with our social impact leaders to deeply understand their business, empower them with analytical insights, and programmatically report out on the business. Additionally, you will define and analyze Twilio’s environmental impacts and the effectiveness of our products, people, and funding in reducing our impact.
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for someone with strong curiosity, a passion for social impact, and lives the Twilio Magic. You have experience in:
- 4+ years of analytical experience in GTM, Finance, Product, or Environmental Sustainability
- Working with analytical tools of our trade. Proficiency in SQL, Excel/Google Sheets, BI reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker), and Salesforce
- Working with large data sets. You’ve worked large data sets in the millions that have high dimensionality with other data sets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re comfortable breaking down complex multi-layered analytics into succinct narratives that bring people along your journey.
- Transforming Insights to action. You have a proven track record in taking findings from analyses and operationalizing change.
- Working with disconnected data. You have experience navigating across disconnected datasets and creating new ones to create compelling and meaningful insights.
- Bonus Point: Experience reporting on environmental sustainability, carbon footprint, or social impact
You’ll set and execute the company’s environmental sustainability strategy. Specifically tied to the Twilio Magic, this will include:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Empower teams with easy-to-use turnkey reporting, so they can self-serve analytics and successfully explore hypotheses on their own.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Establish consensus and document key data definitions to enable self-serve reporting.
- DON’T SETTLE: Own creation and maintenance of weekly, monthly, and quarterly measures for Twilio.org leadership.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify the input measures that we should operationalize weekly cadences around. Define the output measures that we should use to evaluate our environmental sustainability impact.
This role will be part of the social impact arm of Twilio, Twilio.org, led by the Chief Social Impact Officer who reports directly to the company’s CEO. The Twilio.org team works across Twilio’s technology, funding, and employees to improve the lives of over 300 million people globally per year! And we’re not stopping there - our goal is for social impact organizations using Twilio to help 1 billion people annually!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is available in a U.S.-based Twilio hub office (examples: San Francisco, Denver, New York) or remote in the U.S. within 3-hours of Pacific Time. We will work from home during the current pandemic measures. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $82,496 - $113,432
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $72,184 - $99,253
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks