Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Risk Platform team is looking for a curious and willing to take action analyst with a passion for protecting consumers from fraudulent communications. The ideal candidate is comfortable navigating complex problems, resolving right data to focus on and able to derive insights and recommendations based on data. This role interacts with partners throughout the organization in helping advise product, risk, and operations strategy.
Twilio is looking for an outstanding, upbeat, and curious Analyst who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 5+ years of professional experience performing quantitative analysis, building dashboards and reports, and working with business partners to convert ambiguous, messy data into tangible and impactful results that influence anti-fraud decisions in a fast paced industry.
- Ability to think strategically and initiate, refine, and complete projects with minimal mentorship in an often ambiguous environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills!
- Expert level experience working with SQL and relational data (5+ years on a regular basis). Experience with unstructured data is a plus.
- Extensive experience visualizing data for effective consumption by a variety of audiences. Strong Looker (LookML) skills preferred.
- Experience in data preparation processes such as data extraction, cleansing, mapping, loading and operationalizing workflows in production.
- Experience in telephony, email, messaging, social media, or other electronic communications is a plus.
- Experience in fraud / abuse prevention and investigation is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with data warehousing and/or ETL processes, and distributed computing (Hive/Presto) is a plus
- Experience in python (e.g. pandas, numpy, scikit-learn) or R for data manipulation and analysis, including predictive analytics, regression, hypothesis testing, and causal analysis is a plus.
As a Risk Analyst, you will be a thought partner with the product team, solving fraud-related problems and bringing impact by applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, technical systems, and leadership in analytics to enable and scale up analytics programs within the organization. Example responsibilities include:
- Work with product managers to inject data into decision making and planning to increase confidence in anti-fraud outcomes via defining critical metric, designing and building reports, dashboards, and assisting with feature ideas for data science teams building predictive models.
- Work closely with the extended fraud operations team to identify current fraud trends, provide insights into fraud issue-priority from aggregated data and dashboards, and generally serve as a data-partner to operations teams.
- Communicate anti-fraud insights and recommendations to partners at all levels via standardizing and maintaining metrics, models, datasets, and dashboards!
You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Draw the Owl and Be Bold: Proactively find improvement areas, develop solutions, drive execution and deliver value.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Be a true partner, understand real questions behind requests and solve the problem with the proper methods and superior execution..
- Be An owner and Write It Down: Lead the data from supervising to anti-fraud and overall business impact. Document knowledge to enable other analysts. Develop and document processes to ensure transparency and compliance.
- Be Inclusive: Partner with business stakeholders and embedded analysts across disparate teams to help think through and plan the right solution for their problems.
- Empower Others: Help build a data-driven culture within Twilio by enabling the teams to be self-sufficient and rely on a single source of truth.
The Risk Platform team is the centralized fraud product, operations, and analytics team that provides leadership and analytics platforms to enable a strong anti-fraud program at Twilio. Our Consumer Trust team is growing our risk analyst leaders to ensure that we have strong, data-backed signals from which to drive our anti-fraud program. Insights built on our fraud operations and risk analytics teams will fuel a substantial portion of our Risk Platform product roadmap.
Twilio must ensure the trust of our customers and consumers of the messages that we send. This role will help achieve that by analyzing data to find the bad actors or bad messages helping us stop unwanted communication.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly outstanding; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and crafting your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bengaluru office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.