NOC EMEA Lead
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is building out our Super Network Operations Center, or SNOC. This team is part of Twilio’s Super Network business unit, the multi-functional team responsible for the software, hardware, commercial relationships, and operations necessary to run our global network of carrier partners. The SNOC team is responsible for monitoring the performance of our carrier partner network and troubleshooting carrier-related issues across both Voice and SMS. The SNOC works diligently to ensure that our carrier partner network provides the high quality and high performance that Twilio’s customers expect.
You have at least 4 years of relevant experience as a lead in a Network Operations Center and/or Customer Service Center for a Network Operator or Telecommunication Provider. You have owned and managed voice or messaging incidents, operational reporting, technical projects, and staff onboarding. You know how to work effectively with internal teams and carrier partners to address and resolve operational issues.
- Track record in Voice and SMS/MMS incident ownership at a Tier 1 carrier or aggregator
- Advanced knowledge and trouble-shooting skills in the following technologies:
- Voice (VoIP, SIP/RTP, G.711/G.729, and related telephony protocols/standards)
- SMS (SMPP, SS7, Routing)
- IP Networking
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm and effective during higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency
- High competency in communicating technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in process development, operational reporting, staff onboarding and training
- Hands-on knowledge with the following tools:
- Data Analysis (Kibana, Looker)
- System Monitoring (DataDog)
- Ticketing Systems (ZenDesk, ServiceNow, Jira)
Further, you should be someone who is:
- A clear verbal and written communicator
- Analytical, data and metric minded
- Empathetic and customer centric to the core
- Detailed, organized, and process focused to the extreme
- Committed to continuous improvement
Although not prerequisites for the role, the following are “nice-to-haves”:
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Fluency in additional spoken languages
- BE AN OWNER: Own incidents and incident communication with carrier partners and internal stakeholders. Manage, record, and track incidents and create internal and/or customer-facing reports
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Understand the impact of incidents for our customers. Conduct regular operational meetings with your counterparts at our carrier partners to resolve ongoing issues quickly and to proactively prevent future problems
- DRAW THE OWL: Make process improvements and create documentation to ensure peak performance of the operation
- DON'T SETTLE: Identify requirements for tools and processes vital to automate and streamline operational processes
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Coach, train, guide, assist newer team members
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications, and the mission of the global SNOC team is to ensure that our carrier partner network is delivering on our promise of seamless Voice and SMS communications around the world. As a member of this team, you will be critical to the success of our mission as Twilio expands its SMS and Voice product offerings. Our customers need to be able to trust that Twilio’s Super Network is up and running 24x7.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is available in any European Twilio location, including Berlin, Munich, Dublin, Tallinn, London, Madrid, Malmö, Paris, and Prague. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive environment where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.