Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Manager, Digital Strategy & Analytics to build out our predictive analytics capabilities for the marketing organization. We are passionate about running a scalable strategy and analytics team.
The Twilio team is building additional muscle in the analysis and acceleration of our web performance. Focusing on our digital properties, and how they can supercharge business outcomes for Twilio, this person will fuel our continued growth by analyzing historical data, embracing marketing science, measuring outcomes, and recommending improvements across our digital marketing channels. For anyone who wants to pursue a career learning about marketing efficiency and optimization, this is an excellent chance to learn alongside a team that knows their stuff.
The right candidate has a mix of technical skills, business acumen and analytical skills to identify and analyze ambiguous problems in a fast-paced environment.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Manager, Digital Strategy & Analytics who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of high performance within web analytics. They also have:
- Led resources and focused on coordination of the planning, execution of deliverables with responsibility for timelines, results, socialization, and follow-up.
- Experience using data analytics to recommend solutions to improve Digital Marketing performance
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as some familiarity with large data sets and fluency with data manipulation tools and BI reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insight and recommendations. Playing the role of interpreter to executives across our Marketing team.
- Ability to conceptualize and develop statistical models for prediction, digital attribution, and/or machine learning. Experience with digital advertising tracking/measurement
- Proven sophisticated statistical techniques like experimental design, regression analysis to measure digital marketing critical metrics, return on investment, marketing effectiveness, LTV, ROAS, sentiment analysis
- Expertise with one or more website analytics platforms (e.g.: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Heap) and experience with tag management platforms (e.g.: GTM, Adobe Launch, Tealium, etc.)
- 3+ years people management experience with analytical thinking and a knowledge of digital strategies to drive top-of-funnel growth with 5+ years of work experience in Web Analytics. MBA preferred.
As a Senior Manager, Digital Strategy & Analytics you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Understand the metrics and build a daily regimen to review trends and customer journeys. Dive into the details and find the patterns that will allow us to drive better forecasting
- BE BOLD: Establish operational objectives and work plans; delegate assignments to subordinates.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Be able to manage dynamic requests by keeping critical objectives in mind; help ensure that we’re focused on the right outcomes
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Demonstrate strong intellectual curiosity to partner with the business to understand needs, ratify against our priorities, and build trust with execution.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document what you do to empower stakeholders to find their own answers and improve knowledge and understanding of our metrics.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be a builder. Demonstrate marketing visualization tools (Tableau, Looker) and dive into mountains of data (SQL) to assess our current marketing motions and experiments for effectiveness. Create and improve predictive models (e.g. predict user propensity to accelerate through the funnel)
The Marketing Strategy & Analytics team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and the cross-functional Go-to-Market teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of Marketing analyses to help identify, evaluate, and provide recommendations across execution. This, in turn, helps drive growth and significantly impacts the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$132,928 - $182,776
Rest of Colorado:
$116,312 - $159,929
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks