Because you belong at Twilio
Twilio is looking for a Public Sector Enterprise Account Executive to sell into high value prospects and customers. The candidate will be responsible for sourcing new opportunities within state and local governments including cities, counties, and special districts, and education segments.Responsibilities will span from driving the sales process from internal leads to qualifying new prospects and managing deals to closure.
The Who, What, Where and Why
- 8+ years of Public Sector Enterprise Sales experience and a track record of personally selling and closing complex technical solutions to Public Sector in excess of $500K.
- Demonstrated success by exceeding quota on a consistent basis.
- Responsibilities will span from driving the sales process from internal leads to qualifying new prospects and managing deals to closure.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Creative. Team-player. Eager to deliver excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years' of experience.
- We have a very large addressable market and a high volume of customers that are eager to work with us to develop new and innovative communications workflows with our API. This position is responsible for qualifying projects, helping customers build applications and closing deals in an inclusive and collaborative team environment.
- Work with customers across all verticals to understand their business and technical requirements. You will need to understand the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform so that together you can design a solution for their specific use case needs.
- Our customers are often software engineers, application owners, product managers, line of business executives, VP’s of innovation, omni-channel and digital strategy stakeholders of some of the most dynamic start-ups, digital economy companies, and mid-sized commercial companies. You must be capable of communicating at all levels of the customer organization to developers, managers, and executives.
- Cross functional process development/improvement on designated projects
- Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines
The Public Sector team is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits and enterprise to make an impact on their services.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$126,000 - $157,500
Rest of Colorado:
$126,000 - $157,500
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks