Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Segment’s Corporate Infrastructure Security team is responsible for setting and maintaining the standard for corporate assets. You will work across the organization to identify non-compliant assets, offices or individuals, and lead the effort to remediate the issue, wherever it arises. You’ll have to not only think about securing the individual pieces of the system, but also how to secure the overall system as it works in concert. We encounter new scale every single day, and with these new challenges comes opportunities for leadership.
We are taking a BeyondCorp approach first to securing the enterprise network and its hosts, and understanding that our growing population of global users is always traveling and using different networks.
Twilio is looking for a Security Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has demonstrated success designing and implementing corporate tooling to monitor the health of endpoints. They also have:
- You have 3+ years of experience in a DevOps, IT/Security, or SecEng role in a cutting-edge SaaS environment, including Linux users who still need your set of laptop security controls
- You have experience assessing corporate infrastructure security incidents and partnering with SIRT for investigations
- BeyondCorp or ZeroTrust model experience
- Solid development skills in a language such as Python, Golang, or Java
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
As a Security Engineer on our Corporate Infrastructure team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop runbooks for solutions that are reliably executed by the team and you
- BE AN OWNER: Perform quarterly reviews of enterprise access and be ready to wow auditors with your control set and its effectiveness in interviews with them
- NO SHENANIGANS: Roll out a modern set of protections for enterprise hosts and networks and create auditable processes to address risk
- DRAW THE OWL: Design and implement corporate IT and infrastructure security solutions
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with Corporate Infrastructure Security lead to create and implement a roadmap, which maps to our overall security roadmap: how we centrally manage and secure enterprise assets and infrastructure; how we monitor for and correct security issues; how we scale to manage a diverse set of employees at different offices worldwide; how we mature our corporate-security posture each year and keep up with our dynamic users
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be flexible and adjust your approach when your standard controls are causing pain for your users
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. A lot goes into keeping this ship afloat. Standardizing the way we do things, such as the way we approach securing our data centers, help us to keep an even keel. We need effective controls to prevent, detect and correct issues with our corporate infrastructure and manage our corporate assets. This is a top-tier business problem that you as a Corporate Infrastructure Security Engineer at Twilio could dig into right away.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $120,832.00-$151,040.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $105,728.00-$132,160.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks