Because you belong at Twilio
Twilio is seeking an experienced executive to lead growth and impact from the global nonprofit and social impact sector. Twilio is an engagement platform that empowers developers and organizations to build the world’s most innovative solutions, including those that tackle the biggest social and environmental problems. As part of the leadership team of Twilio.org, the social impact arm of the company, you will oversee revenue and impact generated through social impact customers’ use of Twilio products. This person will report to the Chief Social Impact Officer, who is also the GM of the social impact business unit and reports to the CEO.
The Who, What, Where and Why
As the Vice President of Revenue, Social Impact, you have experience in:
- Impact led business growth: Expertise in social impact industry use and adoption of technologies to build a better world. Experience defining the intersection of social impact and revenue, building strategies to effectively scale impact through revenue, and leading teams focused on impact as well as revenue.
- 15+ years of technology sales experience including 5+ years in social impact sales (eg: nonprofit, public sector, healthcare, eduction), and 5+ years in a leadership capacity where you have built and/or scaled a team of 50+ and a business beyond $100M.
- Technology sales: Expertise in technology sales, distribution, and adoption across the global social impact sector (nonprofit, public sector, education, health). Developer / API focussed technologies, or consumption based technology experience a plus where customer relationships are dependent on technical performance. Define targets, monitor, and accurately forecast business across multiple territories and global regions.
- Team Leadership: Builds and leads strong teams. Ability to evaluate teams, develop, and reshape them as necessary while mentoring and inspiring them to drive continually improving results through strong leadership.
- Executive customer engagement: Proven track record of successfully building and expanding social impact customer relationships to new departments and c-suite.
- Global scale: Experience leading international expansion efforts.
- Full revenue impact: Building and scaling high-growth sales teams and supportive programs such as sales enablement, sales engineering, customer success, channel development, and analytics.
- Self-serve growth: Deep understanding of both sales-led as well as product/self-serve led customer growth strategies.
- Cross functional and executive influence: Working cross functionally with Executive Leadership, Product, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Operations, and Compliance to ensure customer success. Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels. Experience with creating, developing, and communicating executive level materials.
- Accountability: Quantifying business needs and developing metrics. Proven track record of delivering performance against goals consistently and predictably. Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans.
You’ll own Twilio’s strategy for driving social and environmental impact through customer growth and success. In this highly visible role, you will own business plans and drive impact from one of our highest growth segments. In addition to ownership of new business development and growth, you will be responsible for other associated social impact, financial, operational, and customer satisfaction metrics. Specifically tied to the Twilio Magic, you will:
- Drive the vision, strategy, and execution of Twilio.org’s global social impact business by growing revenue and impact across the global social impact sector. As part of the Twilio.org leadership team, help define the vision, long term strategy, and priorities of social impact at Twilio.
- Lead a team of experienced leaders overseeing sales, sales engineering, sales enablement, alliances, and core marketing functions to drive YoY growth and market penetration of our social impact business.
- Build and grow a high performing team with a focus on evolving team structures and coverage models, recruitment, coaching, and team development. Build new team functions such as customer success and business development reps, as well as new teams in global regions.
- Expand into new regions while also increasing growth in existing markets. Expand sales overlay coverage to support wider Twilio go to market teams across NAMER, LATAM, EMEA, and APAC.
- Gain support from Twilio executives and Twilio’s wider go to market leadership teams to drive penetration and growth of social impact customers around the globe.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to ensure core functionality and product availability to support new market entry / customer acquisition strategies.
This role will be part of the social impact arm of Twilio, Twilio.org, led by the Chief Social Impact Officer who reports directly to the company’s CEO. The Twilio.org team works across Twilio’s technology, funding, and employees to improve the lives of over 300 million people globally per year! And we’re not stopping there - our goal is for social impact organizations using Twilio to help 1 billion people annually!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is available in a U.S.-based Twilio hub office (examples: San Francisco, Denver, New York) or remote in the U.S. within 3-hours of Pacific Time. We will work from home during the current pandemic measures. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
FOR COLORADO ONLY:
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Base Salary: $210-250k
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks