See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Customer Success Manager, Mid-Market.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to work as a customer’s internal advocate to remove obstacles that may impede a customer’s experience with Twilio. You thrive on solving new, sophisticated challenges that are unique to your customers and their businesses. You care deeply about building trust with everyone you work with.
In this role, you will:
- Run a portfolio (20 - 30 accounts) of scaling, mid-market accounts and execute on key objectives and mitigate risk across the entire portfolio.
- Develop strategic relationships with Twilio customers to deliver maximum value for the customer and Twilio. Ensure customers take full advantage of all features and services resulting in strong customer health and retention.
- Understand the organizational structure of the customer company, identifying the areas that present a deep strategic partnership opportunity. Build and grow multiple relationships across a customer’s organization
- Develop success plans and business reviews for customers that outline critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and recommendations
- Partner with mid-market sales team to drive retention and growth of revenue as well as members of Twilio’s Leadership Team to build and maintain executive level relationships within the customers you support.
- Build greater advocacy and reference-ability of your customers
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Consistent track record of successfully developing and running customer relationships, including C-level relationships within Twilio and the client organization
- Passion for customers and problem solving
- You are a people person that understands technology, with strong intuition for business
- Clear communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills (web, phone and onsite), use data to build POV and present it to customer and/or internal partners
- High technical aptitude
- Analytical and ability to interpret customer data and trends
- Experience using Twilio products is preferred.
- Experience working in Telecom or Cloud Communications is preferred
- 5+ years experience in a customer facing role of a highly technical product
- 3+ years experience in account management
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
This role will be located remotely in the PST.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $72,184.00 (Developing minimum for Colorado) - $103,120.00 (Premium Mid for Denver Metro).
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.