Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Finance Manager to join our Data & Growth Platform R&D team. This high-visibility role operates in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and the successful candidate must have the ability to partner closely with our Engineering and Product teams to enable Twilio to reach its ambitious growth and efficiency goals. Your responsibilities will include building forecasting models, preparation and management of budgets, operational and management reporting, and ad hoc analysis to support management decision making. The role will also include communication and presentation to senior leaders (Sr Dir+). The FP&A Manager will be expected to expand beyond typical financial responsibilities and be a strategic thought partner to the executive leaders of the teams you support.
Twilio is looking for a data-driven and people-oriented Finance Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has relevant finance experience in a high-growth, fast-paced collaborative team working environment.
- 5+ years finance experience, ideally in the Technology or Software/SaaS environment
- A humble, positive attitude and a team player mentality.
- Excels at managing multiple competing priorities, is eager to make an impact on the business, and works cross-functionally to tackle sophisticated problems.
- The ability to see around corners while driving planning and forecasting activities with business partners, performing sensitivity/scenario analyses to anticipate a reasonable range of outcomes.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills with a high level of attention to detail and confidentiality when necessary
- Ability to analyze data, consolidate views, package and present it for Senior Leadership and C-level consumption.
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles and procedures, coordinate and support month-end close processes, operational accounting procedures, and financial reporting.
- Takes pride in their work’s integrity, quality, and accuracy, is extremely detail-oriented and is comfortable asking questions.
- Ability to work autonomously, to meet tight deadlines and deliver results, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Finance Manager, Data & Growth Platform R&D, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Be able to speak informatively to outcomes and trends in the operating P&L, lead the monthly close and forecast process, provide insights on and improve consolidations of actuals and forecasts; collaborate effectively with business partners to drive results.
- DRAW THE OWL: Proactively find opportunities to improve, scale, and simplify finance tools and reporting across teams; develop scalable and efficient financial processes that support the business.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Collaborate with finance business partners, accounting teams, and the corporate FP&A team to provide clear and transparent insight. Identify key stakeholders and partner with them to automate reporting and processes; address problems with innovative solutions.
- DON’T SETTLE: Partner with Accounting to understand timing and ensure accuracy of entries that impact the P&L, become a trusted source for providing financial insights and communications that are leveraged by Corp FP&A to report and pace business performance.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Understand the big-picture, think strategically and act tactically in an ambiguous environment; develop and provide reporting and analytics to help leadership make data-driven decisions.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. The Finance team is central to Twilio’s decision making process and the Data & Growth Platform R&D team guides investment decisions to drive explosive, efficient growth for Twilio. As a Financial Manager, your ability to identify and communicate outcomes, opportunities and problems -- and more importantly, recommend a course of action -- will play a critical role in charting our BU’s future.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $90,752 - $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $79,408 - $109,186
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks