Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Data Engineer to join our world-class B2B Marketing team. Efficient systems are at the heart of any agile, data-driven organization, and as a Data Engineer, will join us to build a scalable data platform.
This person will design and build data integrations, ETL workflows, dimensional data models, and manage our data warehouse and integration infrastructure that fuels strategic business decisions across Twilio. They will lead us towards a deeper understanding of our customer experience, and help us identify initiatives that will set the bar for customer engagement. Our team is heavily reliant on data to make strategic decisions and investments. As a result, this is an influential role in which someone will collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product, and data teams to implement end-to-end analytical solutions that will have direct and measurable impact on Twilio’s core growth strategy.
In addition to strong technical skills, this person has the desire to make our partner teams more nimble, and ultimately serve our customers better. If you feel this is you, we’d love to hear from you!
- You’re driven and passionate about enabling your teammates. You thrive in a cross-functional environment, think creatively, and have strong attention to detail. You have a penchant for deconstructing and solving complex problems.
- 7+ years of experience in a software engineering role. We’re looking for someone who has strong SQL skills, and is proficient in at least one major language such as Python, Scala, or Java. Prior exposure to building scalable data processing frameworks is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, and can effectively partner with product managers, engineers, and marketers on your team. Prior experience with marketing systems (or a desire to learn about them) is a bonus.
In short, we’re searching for someone who lives the Twilio Magic. In particular, this role will:
- Draw the owl: Instrument the user journey taken by millions of Twilio users, identify meaningful stages in their lifecycle, architect a singular view of the customer, and devise metrics based on pattern mining and predictive modeling.
- Write it down: Specify your hypotheses, defend your decisions, and be methodical in your approach to finding solutions that will work well into the future.
- Wear the customer’s shoes: Build trust with our internal partners, and develop empathy for their day-to-day challenges. Identify their biggest challenges, and systematically address their problems.
- Be an Owner: Design and build robust data pipelines, while simultaneously optimizing for performance and stakeholder requirements.
Marketers depend on systems to improve the efficiency of their programs. Smart decisions, swift execution, and a focus on the long-term will allow you to excel in this role and have a lasting impact on Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is open to anyone in the US. You’re also welcome to work out of our San Francisco office if you would prefer a local setting. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $132,928 - $166,160
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $116,312 - $145,390
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks