At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores, filters, transforms, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. More recently, we also developed the ability to let customers enrich their data in real time using computations they specify. Our goal is to make it easy to understand, extract value, and protect the integrity of data. We are creating a world where engineers spend their time working on their core product, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to take over the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
The Customer Success Programs team at Segment is an agile team that packs a big punch. We work with Segment’s core and fastest-growing customers to help them grow even faster. We measure ourselves by the value we help our customers create, and the champions we develop along the way; these customers become Segment’s strongest advocates. The CS Programs team’s impact doesn’t end there; the programs and processes we develop also create additional reach and scale for the enterprise CSM.
The Customer Success Program Manager position is a perfect role for someone who has an exceptional drive to execute and iterate, loves learning from customers, has an analytical mindset, and is a strong writer. This role will own one-to-many customer engagement strategies across all of Segment’s customers. Do you thrive using analytics to prioritize in an ambiguous environment? Do you enjoy taking on the challenge of educating hundreds of customers at scale? Are you passionate about representing the voice of the customer with product? If so, you may be the Customer Success Program Manager we’re looking for!
What you’ll do:
- Create customer-facing programs via scalable channels (email, in-app, webinar, etc.) to drive outcomes such as product adoption, retention, and expansion
- Gain a deep understanding of customer segments & user personas; develop data-driven methods for targeting and personalization
- Measure, track, and analyze results. Report progress and optimize programs continuously through innovative practices (A/B testing)
- Own the development and execution of programs end to end (research, segmentation, writing, measurement, and iteration)
- Build strong working relationships with our cross-functional stakeholders (Customer Marketing, Product, Sales, Customer Success) to deliver a best-in-class, cohesive customer communications experience.
- Create feedback loops with Product partners to surface the voice of the customer in our product development process
- Adapt successful programs ‘up book’ to the managed CSM team to create further scale and reach for your work
You’re a great fit if…
- You have experience (5+ years) working on scaled customer success programs in a B2B capacity across a variety of channels (e.g. email, in-app, webinars etc.). Customer marketing, campaign management, or product marketing experience could also work
- You have a bias towards action, and quickly move from ideation to validation to execution
- You have a learning mindset, and a track record of receiving constructive feedback and turning it into meaningful change. You also prioritize delivering constructive feedback up, down, and cross-functionally
- You have the aptitude for digesting and communicating technical and analytical concepts across audiences of varying technical ability
- You have a reputation with cross-functional teams as being innovative, accountable, and reliable
- You are always looking for ways to automate your work
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You’re excited to scale a new team and drive a huge impact
Bonus points if you:
- Have some combination of growth marketing, customer success, product, and analytics experience
- Have used Customer.io, Chameleon, Segment, Salesforce, Looker
- Are able to write Liquid and SQL
- Are familiar with the Martech landscape
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $83,500- $104,400
Additionally, this role is eligible for commissions and to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks