Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
The People team at Twilio is rapidly expanding to support the company’s exponential growth. This role will be a critical member of our People team responsible for progressing our People Project Management Office and play a critical role in delivering on our People engagement model. This role will ensure the successful and consistent delivery of People programs and projects.This includes the overall management, coordination, and controls as well as the associated change management.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and is excited to roll up their sleeves to accelerate the People function’s engagement with employees and managers globally through exceptional HR service. You are detail oriented with an execution mindset and also have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience along with 5+ years of experience in program and project management, 3+ years of delivering cross functional projects. Experience leading HR projects is highly desired.
- Deep project management skills. Must be able to effectively plan, organize and drive projects to completion. Experience managing resources in a matrix environment, without direct authority.
- Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines; must demonstrate outstanding skills in areas such as time sensitivity, responsiveness, follow-through, accuracy and attention to detail.
- General HR subject matter expertise to understand the topics, raise issues and remove obstacles. Experience with leading transformational projects/programs is a plus.
- Strong facilitation skills and proven ability to persuade and influence change and enable collaboration in a cross-functional setting.
- Strong ability to influence, engage and lead cross-functional teams while facilitating an environment of inclusion and collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to build effective work relationships and influence stakeholders.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, identifying and resolving complex issues. Will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
As Project Manager you will live the following Twilio Magic Values
- BE AN OWNER: Deliver on all aspects of program/project management for the People Team initiatives you are responsible for. Develop project plans, secure resources, and drive project schedules; collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals and commitment to timelines and deliverables. Document, communicate and resolve project-related needs and issues. Assist inverseeing program portfolio and operating model process compliance as well as for driving cross-program collaboration and cooperation. Help implement standard project management processes and tools to be used across the People Team.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Build strong relationships and provide clear direction while promoting team productivity and cohesiveness. Manage and engage global, cross-functional project teams, including making connections and supporting collaboration and establishing regular communication channels among team/efforts. Ensure strong partnerships and ongoing communication across the People Team and other internal functions and business partners as required.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Contribute to the development and implementation of employee-focused global change management strategies meant to improve organizational effectiveness and drive business results through thoughtful use of employee resources. Evaluate the change and work to implement change management initiatives targeted at moving the organization from the current state to a successful 'to-be' state.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Manage the full project lifecycle and ensure the appropriate level of documentation of all project-related deliverables. Create timelines and project plans detailing the implementation process ranging for Global HR projects. Develop HR implementation plans in accordance with established project management methodologies, which are well-structured from a process, communications and change management perspective.
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an HR professional to be a key contributor in assisting in all aspects of program and project management. You will have a direct impact on building the foundation for an effective People organization by leading the project management execution of People-related programs that empower Twilions to innovate, scale, and grow.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $99,840.00 to $137,280.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $87,360.00 to $120,200.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks