Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an exceptional and passionate Technical Program Manager to be a key operations leader within the IoT BU’s Customer Engineering Team (CET). This includes leading key initiatives and being the point of contact for product and business processes with other teams, and reporting on metrics and execution status to leadership.
The ideal candidate lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of operating high-impact programs and initiatives, scaling team processes with knowledge of or strong interest in distributed systems/architecture and analytics. 4+ years of total work experience.
As part of this team, you are at the forefront of helping the IoT BU take its GTM processes and data driven decision making to the next level. Working cross functionally to drive fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and enable growth, innovation, and efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics or equivalent practical experience. Experience partnering with Product, Engineering, Technical Support and/or Solutions Engineering, or equivalent understanding of technical organizations and operations.
- A natural problem-solver. You are comfortable with ambiguity and 80/20 thinking to quickly tease through complexity and bring structure to uncertainty. You effectively identify and articulate implications up and downstream, taking action or escalating as appropriate.
- Experience building effective relationships, influencing, driving consensus, and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor. Experience collaborating and coordinating efforts internally and externally at all organizational levels.
- Have a good understanding of analytics, reporting, distributed systems, web, telephony and cloud based systems. Able to quickly build credibility with technical teams, talk their language and be the connective tissue between the technology side and operations side.
- Excellent verbal and written communication across all levels of the organization - from engineers to executives. Ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You deliver well-organized, clear written materials with meaningful synthesis and recommendations (e.g. presentations, emails, etc.).
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand, strong bias to action. Excellent time management and prioritization skills, and ability to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
As A Technical Program Manager you will:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work cross-functionally GTM and R&D teams to manage delivery of cross-functional programs and improve the interlock with partner teams (e.g. Product, Engineering, Sales, Product Marketing, CSM, Support etc.). Strong project management skills and attention to detail to execute high impact initiatives.
- DRAW THE OWL: Help scale the rapidly growing IoT BU and increase team efficiency and collaboration. Ability to take a vision or broad concept, develop structured plans, and then effectively execute those plans across partner teams.
- DON’T SETTLE: Lead strategic and operational efficiency projects, communicating proposals and updates to senior leadership and partners..
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Optimally balance competing priorities and collaborate with partner teams to deliver on joint critical initiatives.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans and project/program management as needed
- NO SHENANIGANS: Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and the broader IoT BU organization
Given the incredible exposure of the IoT BU across Twilio, we expect you will enjoy the diversity of fun and complex challenges you take on.
This is a critical role to fuel the success of the IoT BU and for our customers through effective program management and thoughtful execution.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $99,840 - $124,800
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $87,360 - $109,200
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks