Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeks a high-performing analyst to join its Commercial Finance team. This role will be highly cross-functional, as you will partner with a growing, global team of finance and GTM professionals to build and improve processes, identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, and champion evolution of the team’s key business metrics. You will also collaborate and be a business advisor to key internal teams, including: Sales, Sales Operations, Pricing & Packaging, Product, Super Network, and others. You will drive delivery and enhancement of the teams’ monthly & quarterly metrics and help support its reporting/strategic workstreams. These responsibilities span designing discounting guidelines, improving deal intake workflows/efficiencies, summarizing win/loss insights - and they fuel the team’s broader impact and productivity. Additionally, you will build-out regional dashboards via data-driven indicators and SFDC reporting to measure key drivers of expansion, contraction, churn and to support running a world-class commercial finance practice
Twilio is looking for a Commercial Financial Analyst who lives the Twilio Magic and also has:
- A demonstrated track record of simplifying complex metrics to drive process improvements through data driven insights and projects.
- 3+ years of relevant analytical and project management experience in Commercial Finance, FP&A, Deal Desk Sales Operations or Pricing. Experience in global high-growth technology companies in a commercial finance or sales operations role is a requirement. Experience in a commercial finance or deal desk role in a communications platform company is a plus.
- A Self starter with strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to articulate recommendations succinctly through presentations and documentation. Strong analytical skills and clear thinking; experience building scalable processes, and summarizing complex data.
- Experience navigating operational complexity and synthesizing insights into relevant actionable items. Demonstrated track record in portfolio analysis.
- Strong analytical aptitude and proficiency in Excel required. Proficiency in Salesforce and CPQ preferred; Tableau and similar systems is beneficial.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to effectively plan, organize and drive projects to completion. Ability to toggle between long-short-term planning objectives, including setting targets/milestones, manage deadlines and allocate resources; risk mitigation for timelines across multiple projects.
- Expertise at prioritizing and executing while assisting others to stay on track.
- Ability to navigate organizational structures and partner with a variety of teams.
As a Commercial Financial Analyst you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Design and implement best in class automated processes for streamlining the deal pipeline. Drive execution of projects that maximize Commercial Finance efficiency.
- DRAW THE OWL: Refine, complete and publish a quarterly/monthly Commercial Finance insights for consumption by internal stakeholders.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Relentless focus in evolving metrics to promote sales stewardship and simplified decision-making for our dynamic/margin based business per key principles (discount policies, deal structures, competitive dynamics).
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Assist on design/rollout of monthly sales leader regional dashboards and ad hoc projects that report on discounting initiatives and experiments.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Continuously define, refine, and improve data insights around discounting. You play a key role as a neutral, third party in situations where direct and honest communication is required and where data-driven solutions are paramount. You communicate clearly, honestly, and are not afraid to call out shenanigans.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. Visibility into how our products are performing is critical to making good business decisions. Your ability to identify and communicate trends, opportunities and problems--and more importantly, recommend key actions --will play a critical role in charting Twilio’s future.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our San Francisco or US remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $61,888.00 - $85,096.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $54,152.00 - $74,459.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks