Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Supply Chain Specialist to manage and develop the supply chain for our Internet of Things (IoT) business. The person in this role is primarily responsible for the accurate and on-time delivery of millions of items to our customers across the globe. This responsibility includes working with multiple stakeholders and stretching across external partners (manufacturers, distributors, logistics providers), as well as internal ones (Sales, Marketing, Customer Support). Additionally, the person is expected to take operations to the next level - plan for our growth, identify issues and implement initiatives allowing us to scale efficiently.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of managing global Supply Chains. They also have:
- Deep familiarity (4+ years) with the way global supply chains work and maybe were involved in building global automated supply chains in the past
- Experience working with supply chain vendors such as manufacturers, 3PLs, carriers, freight forwarders, customs brokers, etc.
- A demonstrated ability to to operate in a fast growing and rapidly changing environment while effectively communicating across multiple levels: Engineering, Product, Sales, Customer Support, Finance, Procurement and more
- An operational mindset and always thinking about expected problems ahead of time in order to provide scalable solution before becoming critical
- Extremely detail oriented and focused on providing 100% supply chain related customer experience
- Always thinks about how to do more with less and able to recognize areas where cost savings make sense both internally and to customers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
As a Supply Chain specialist, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the IoT supply chain operations, ensuring we are delivering the hardware customers need on time and without any issues. Make sure internal teams are equipped with needed hardware to support our global sales efforts. Daily monitor outbound orders and spot check 3PL operations are done according to requirements
- NO SHENANIGANS: Serve as the main point of contact for external vendors across the value chain to make sure we feed the right requirements, set KPIs, monitor performance in a transparent way and escalate when needed
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Work directly with our strategic customers to ensure we have full visibility on future needs and are set to fulfill 100% of their orders with no delays. Identify and solve issues prior to the customer experiencing impact
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Keep track and manage inventory levels keeping it at the sweet spot of able to fulfill all orders while not allocating too much capital
- BE BOLD & DON’T SETTLE: Set the IoT supply chain to facilitate expected growth over the next 3-5 years. Make forecasts, test ability to support using current setup, come up with a plan to make needed changes and execute accordingly
- DRAW THE OWL & WRITE IT DOWN: Constantly seek ways to improve performance - seek new vendors and renegotiate agreements with current ones, understand and solve recurring issues with international shipping, build systems to track “non-serial” inventory, improve process automation involving both Twilio’s and external vendors’ systems, build automated end-to-end alerting systems to surface issues in our supply chain, and more...
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner with other functions in and out the business unit to support customers and facilitate growth:
- Answer supply chain related customer support questions
- Support hardware shipments to marketing events
- Help sales explain our supply chain operations to prospects and to expedite orders when needed
- Work with engineering teams on the next generation of supply chain automation and alerting
IoT is a rapidly growing business unit within Twilio’s Emerging Businesses division. We are the first self-sufficient team within the company entrusted to move fast in order to build products that power our customers' ability to deploy massive fleets of IoT devices. Our mission is to make the physical world programmable and fuel economic transformation by educating the community on how to design, build, scale and operate new business concepts enabled by the proliferation of connected devices.
As HW ordering is the first process our customers are engaging with, a smoothly operating supply chain is key to deliver these features. Hence, this position is of critical importance to build customer trust and eventually our ability to scale the business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located anywhere in the US. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $68,096.00 - $93,632.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $59,584.00 - $81,928.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks