Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, we 're focused on developing and growing our world-class, cloud-based customer engagement platform. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is a fast moving, lean company where every team member has a huge stake in the company’s success!
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and who can assist our customers and making them successful is one of our most important tasks. Given that our customers pay us over time customer growth and retention is vital to our long-term profitability. We will not be successful unless our customers are continuously receiving value from Twilio.
You excel in a fast paced environment, working as a customer’s internal advocate to remove obstacles that may impede a customer’s experience with Twilio. You flourish with solving new, complex challenges that are unique to your customers and their businesses. You care deeply about building trust with everyone you work with.
The Customer Success Manager - Growth is someone with:
- Proven track record of successfully developing and managing customer relationships, including C-level relationships within Twilio and the client organization
- Passion for customers and problem solving
- You are a people person that understands technology, with strong intuition for business
- Clear communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills (web, phone and onsite), use data to build POV and present it to customer and/or internal partners
- High technical aptitude
- Analytical and ability to interpret customer data and trends
- Experience using Twilio products is preferred.
- Experience working in Telecom or Cloud Communications is preferred
- 3+ years experience in a customer facing role of a highly technical product
- 2+ years experience in account management
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
Your primary responsibility is to ensure that our customers receive an outstanding customer experience. You will work with customers throughout the customer’s lifecycle to ensure the customer receives maximum value from our solution. You will work with our customers to form relationships, learn about their businesses, and drive value based on our customers defined goals and objectives!
Daily activities and responsibilities:
- BE AN OWNER: Manage a portfolio (20 - 30 accounts) of scaling, Growth accounts and execute on key objectives and mitigate risk across the entire portfolio.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Develop strategic relationships with Twilio customers to deliver maximum value for the customer and Twilio. Ensure customers take full advantage of all features and services resulting in strong customer health and retention.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Understand the organizational structure of the customer company, identifying the areas that present a deep strategic partnership opportunity. Build and grow multiple relationships across a customer’s organization
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop success plans and business reviews for customers that outline critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and recommendations
- BE INCLUSIVE: Partner with Growth sales team to drive retention and growth of revenue as well as members of Twilio’s Leadership Team to build and maintain executive level relationships within the customers you support.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build greater advocacy and reference-ability of your customers
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers and enterprises with the technology to build modern, enjoyable communication experiences in their applications. The Customer Success Team is a strategic component in building our customer base and helping businesses improve how they interact with their customers.
The Customer Success Manager is the customer advocate and is focused on driving usage and adoption as well as customer satisfaction. You make sure that customers take full advantage of all features and services that Twilio has to offer. Customer Success Managers are often the first to identify growth and up-sell opportunities.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: Developing $82,496.00- $103,120.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $72,184.00- $90,230.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks