Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Growth Account Executive to play a key role in further growing the business. As our new Growth Account Executive you will be responsible for prospecting, solution selling, and closing Growth accounts, including some of the most successful startups.
Twilio is looking for a Growth Account Executive who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of selling and closing in the cloud communications platform market. They also have:
- At least 2+ years experience in full cycle sales directly selling a product or service in a technical SaaS/CPaaS space
- Experience outbound prospecting into install base, greenfield prospecting into new accounts, and executing strong QBR strategy for territory penetration
- An understanding (or interest to understand) the cloud computing/communications business model and excitement for selling to a technical audience while utilizing a solution-oriented approach to selling
- The ability to provide thorough daily/weekly/monthly forecasting metrics and communicate them in a succinct manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple
- Technical solutions selling experience and enjoys working with real customers--listening to them and solving problems
- Experience selling a platform or SaaS; experience with selling Contact Centers, Messaging, Call Tracking and other communication solutions are a plus!
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
As a Growth Account Executive, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Responsible for new customer acquisition and driving new revenue for a specific territory while being assigned a quota for net new eARR and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Work with customers across all verticals to understand their business and technical requirements. You will need to understand the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform so that together you can design a solution for their specific use case needs
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work diligently with cross-functional teams in Finance, Legal, Pricing, and Operations to design mutually beneficial contracts to address customer requirements and balance the needs of our business
- DON'T SETTLE: Passionate about what you do and you are able to think outside of the box and have world-class interpersonal and communication skills to make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple project/deals at the same time. As an added bonus, you’ve previously sold cloud or B2B enterprise software.
The Growth Sales team is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. Our customers are often software engineers, application owners, product managers, line of business executives, VP’s of innovation, omni-channel and digital strategy stakeholders of some of the most dynamic start-ups, digital economy companies, and mid-sized commercial companies. With an ever growing amount of companies being created, along with companies that have been around for many years - our SMB and Mid-Markets are the bread and butter when it comes to companies creating a customized platform for their communication needs.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.