Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for Flex who is passionate about technical operations and the resulting customer experience. Flex, the first fully programmable cloud contact center, is a platform product that integrates both native Twilio services and well as serving up a pluggable infrastructure that allows partners and customers to extend and customize the platform for their unique needs. This role leads Technical Operations for all of Flex Engineering, reporting to the VP, Engineering of Flex and sits on the technical leadership team supporting the processes and projects that ensure the engineering organization runs smoothly
Twilio is looking for a TPM who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading technical projects or operations. They also have:
- Background in SaaS Development or operations in a distributed systems environment
- Excellent Problem Solving and Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization from engineers to executives
- Demonstrated ability to leverage operating data to surface trends, risks, opportunities, and drive the business towards quantifiable outcomes.
- 5-8 years experience in a technical development or operations role with 3+ years managing technical operations or supporting an enterprise level platform
- Four-year Computer Science, Business or related degree, or equivalent work experience
As a Technical Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES:
- Manage Flex Technical Operations (Metrics, Reporting, Cross BU relationships and projects) as a servant leader to the globally distributed engineering organization
- Partner with engineering leadership to facilitate key engineering meetings, initiatives, and operational projects to drive successful BU outcomes
- Collaborate with other BUs and organizations as the BU point of contact in engagements that drive product quality and operating improvements such as centralized Crisis Management guiding Flex BCP/DR definition, planning, and exercises
- Own the Incident Post-Mortem analysis understanding trends, contributing factors and follow-up for betterments. Contribute to the future design improvements around monitoring and observability as they serve SLA goals.
- Partner with the Release Train Engineer in preparing for cycle planning by determining and contributing prioritized engineering goals into the process
DRAW THE OWL:
- Contribute to the definition, development and tracking of effective metrics and R&D improvements that drive improved BU operating performance
- Identify and act upon gaps in the technical operations model that can drive improved clarity, efficiency, or quality into engineering operating practices
- Gather data from BU teams, industry best practices, and SRE team to lead the definition and adoption of standard monitoring and operability metrics that improve observability and response for issues and incidents for the BU
- Prioritize and define ROI of operability improvements in a way that is compelling and understandable to Product
The Flex product is central to Twilio's vision to serve the developer community. It is the contact center platform of the future, enabling customers to have a fully customizable contact center solution. Flex is Twilio’s flagship application product built on top of Twilio’s communication primitives. We serve both enterprise customers as well as the developers that work to customize their Flex solution.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street, Denver, CO. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $146,240.00 - $182,800.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $127,960.00- $175,945.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks