Because you belong at Twilio
The Growth Engineering team sits at the nexus of Engineering, Marketing and Sales, focused on enabling customers of Twilio’s platform to succeed. We power the signup and onboarding experience for one of the fastest growing $10B+ companies in Silicon Valley - with over 6 million developers on our platform and hundreds of thousands signing up every year. This role is a great opportunity for an engineering leader obsessed with creating meaningful and intuitive customer experiences to fundamentally change how Twilio onboards new customers.
This role is for you, if:
- You like to think at scale - designing, developing and operating production applications and services that are scalable within the organization and that meet goals of low latency, and high availability.
- You care deeply about UX and design and how they apply to the customer experience.
- You love to write code with a test driven approach and take great pride in the quality, resilience and performance of your code.
- You’re not afraid to be experimental and scrappy to help the team make informed data driven decisions
- You bring experience with complex distributed systems, are comfortable with multiple programming languages and enjoy exploring and learning new programming patterns.
The right candidate is passionate about software design, developer tools, and using data to guide innovation. They have:
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience building web applications that delight customers and the developers working on them
- Fluency in HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Experience in designing, developing, and operating services in cloud-deployed environments
- Owned and operated services end-to-end, from requirements gathering and design, to debugging and testing, to release management and operational monitoring
- An entrepreneurial mindset, ready to assemble and lead multi-functional teams.
- Excellent collaborator. Ability to foster alignment cross-functionally and cross-organizationally.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to distill key takeaways quickly.
- Experience in Java/Scala is a bonus.
Ultimately, we seek people who demonstrate the Twilio Magic.
The Growth Engineering team at Twilio is responsible for the first experience a person sees when they join Twilio. We are responsible for shepherding customers to success by having influence and ownership of large parts of the Twilio surface area including: signups, onboarding in the Console, and integration with the Twilio docs.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- DRAW THE OWL: Working alongside a small and collaborative team, white-boarding ideas, building new solutions as well as constantly improving discovery for Twilio's top products to generate significant revenue
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS’ SHOES: Putting yourself in the customers’ shoes by talking to them and understanding how they use Twilio
- RUTHLESS PRIORITIZATION: Working with a PM and EM to influence product roadmaps and sprints
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Reviewing code and offering improvements to coding practices and processes to impact the larger organization
Twilio has a distributed and remote-friendly office structure, thus the location of this position will be flexible. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks