Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead the evolution of our Continuous Delivery platform. This person will guide a team of engineers in building software automation systems that deliver the software that powers Twilio’s products. Working alongside technical leads, product managers, and architect peers, this person will ensure development teams follow consistent standards and will act as an advocate of reliability and efficiency.
Twilio is looking for a technical leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of driving multi-functional technical initiatives. They also have:
- Strong empathy for software developers building solutions in a DevOps environment
- An eye for operational excellence, reliability, and security
- A focus on development efficiency, with a desire to build solutions that maximize an engineer’s ability to develop and deliver software
- Experience guiding a technical vision within an engineering team and motivating progress towards work
- Comfort with ambiguity, breaking down complex issues into manageable plans
- A passion for technology, keeping an eye towards the latest trends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
As an Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You do your best work when your team is motivated towards a shared goal. You know that delegating responsibility leads a clear path to ownership and purpose.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Ensure team decisions, roadmaps, plans, and designs are documented and shared with appropriate partners.
- DRAW THE OWL: You will partner with other Platform Engineering teams to deliver the future of Twilio’s continuous delivery platform, bringing technologies current while creating a clear path for migration.
- DON’T SETTLE: Break down silos that impact team, partner and organizational effectiveness. Resolve barriers to effective multi-functional teamwork quickly and effectively.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Act as an ambassador for Twilio and Platform Engineering understanding and embracing the unique aspects of our global development organization.
- BE BOLD: Navigate the broader team through change initiatives through clarity of vision & clearly defined outcomes.
Trust is the number one priority at Twilio. Automated systems for building, testing, and deploying software are critical in maintaining Trust, and the Continuous Delivery team is at the heart of software automation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks