Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for an experienced, product-smart Business Development professional to develop a global partnership ecosystem across a suite of products for the IoT business at Twilio. This could include channel distribution for existing products to launch partners for new products and everything in between. You’ll have the opportunity and freedom to build this part of the business from the ground up.
When safe to do so, travel will be required 25% - 30% of the time.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of success in partner development across both established and emerging products. They also have:
- 8+ years of building and managing partner relationships at an executive level.
- 5+ years in the IoT, SaaS or Telecom industry
- Proven track record establishing and maintaining partner relationships that drive outsized revenue growth.
- Ability to not only understand and process complex ideas, but communicate them at an executive level in a simple and compelling way.
- Low ego, high energy, with appetite to jump into problems and work effectively cross-functionally.
- Extreme comfort with ambiguous and developing projects and products.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
In this role, you’ll be able to build while living the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Drive, maintain and execute on a pipeline of current and prospective opportunities designed to drive visibility, revenue, customers and extend Twilio’s footprint. Be accountable for the outcomes and results from your work.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Be an advocate for our partners and channel relationships within Twilio. Deeply understand the needs of partners and translate those to internal stakeholders.
- BE BOLD and DRAW THE OWL: Dream big - you will be building from the ground up. Use all the resources at your disposal and create the partner ecosystem that brings the most value to Twilio.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Bring others to your point of view using your strong communication skills, logic, data, and persuasive presentation skills. Have a well thought out process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just emotional appeals.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: The possibilities are endless, but you should identify which partners to pursue, what relationships to build, and where the most value is found. You will do this both for the short term and long term. You have the ability to work with a sense of urgency, discriminate between critical and non-critical requirements, and prioritize tasks accordingly
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work closely with stakeholders internally (product, engineering and sales) and externally (customers and partners) to not only build business for Twilio, but make our partners more successful.
The IoT team at Twilio is a fast-growing team responsible for building a new business from the ground up. We are a team of builders set on seeing the vision of ‘billions’ of IoT devices come to reality by focusing on developers and customers and what they need to build the next generation of IoT.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located remotely in United States or in one of our US offices. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $132,928 - $182,776
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $116,312 - $159,929
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks