At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Today product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data needed to understand the impact of the work being done. Engineers are stuck integrating the tools they need to understand their customer sets. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. With Segment, customers focus on building amazing products and delivering personalized messages to their customers. Segment takes care of the complexities of processing customer data reliably at scale. Our mission is to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
As a Sales Development leader in Dublin, you are responsible for the build-out of a team of highly motivated, energetic sales professionals that take pride in establishing a new customer pipeline by excelling at delivering the Segment message to a broad base of accounts across various industries. This position requires an innovative mindset and a strong desire to deliver a high-quality pipeline while building and leading a high performing sales development team. The successful candidate will possess demonstrated skills in building teams from the ground up. You’ll have the opportunity to think strategically by working to achieve a deep understanding of predictable pipeline execution models, mastery of sales development, and value selling practices as well as leadership philosophy and development. We are looking for a person that can bring vision, purpose, and drive to this new market. This position offers the unique opportunity to have a dramatic impact on the success of Segment and be a driving force of our new business growth efforts.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and motivate a team of highly competitive (and competent) individuals in a high-energy sales development group that calls and qualifies marketing MQL’s and Freemium leads and delivers a predictable stream of SDR qualified leads to sales reps to meet and exceed monthly sales qualified opportunity and Revenue targets
- Coach, develop and mentor SDRs
- Build an SDR career rubric and a matriculation path to create a bench of expertise for the Segment Go-To-Market team
- Oversee and ensure successful cultivation of pipeline through outbound pipeline generation and inbound need qualification.
- Own and forecast pipeline goals by understanding and analyzing top of the funnel metrics, pipeline quality, and revenue influenced across the GTM Organization
- Track and report on frequency of SDR call metrics
- call volumes (inbound and outbound), talk time and abandon rates
- # calls & email per day/week/month (22 day mo.)
- Provide weekly reports that track all key metrics daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly with regular analysis of trends.
- Track & Report to finance comp attainment metrics
- Track and measure 40% + of closed ARR $$$’s contribution progress
- Manage and track follow up and qualification performance through SDR dashboards
- Develop a repeatable best practice process for SDR reps to meet their objectives
- Hold Bi-weekly 1 on 1 and team coaching and development of SDR reps
- Review progress against goals on a monthly basis
- Organize and execute regular joint calling sessions with SDR’s to develop qualification skills
- Develop joint action plans with SDR’s based on skill development needs
- Review qualification practices and qualification quality on regular basis
- Institutionalize and reinforce lead development touch cadence and manage SDR weekly time allocation to key call, touch, and qualify, objectives
- Prioritize and track MQL resource allocation to programs by Campaign Contact to % Yield
- Review MQL and SDR lead conversion as a measure of MQL and SQL quality
- Define and manage reconciliation process for any SDR Rep/Field related sales qualified lead disputes
- Interview, Hire, Develop, Retain SDR employees
- Work with Recruiting to identify “Best Fit” candidates
You’re a great match if you…
- Are a strategic thinker, have strong listening skills, have a passion for Segment’s business, possess strong problem solving skills, enjoy cross functional relationship building, have a metrics orientation, and bring a positive and motivational mindset to work
- Have 1+ years of leadership experience in high growth organizations and experience building high performing, inbound and outbound pipeline generation, teams
- Have a proven record of consistently exceeding opportunity creation and pipeline goals
- Are both a strategic at creating a future vision for the team and tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis
- Thrive in an environment where you work with both local XFN teams to build the regional vision and culture and also collaborate with remote peers to standardize SDR function in an innovative, accountable, and reliable way
- Are proficient in modern discovery qualification processes/practices
- Have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Have an outstanding presence and proven ability to influence at all levels
- Possess strong analytical skill with a deep understanding of forecasting & managing through data
- Are passionate about delivering delightful experiences to customers
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our page. We’re excited to meet you!
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.