At Segment, we believe that good data is the foundation of good decision-making. Too often, we see product managers and marketers with siloed or conflicting pieces of the picture, and engineers who struggle to keep up with evolving data needs. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure using a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. We ensure that all of our customers are equipped with a holistic and detailed view of their customers, unlocking digital transformations, personalized marketing, and a data-driven future.
Have you got a knack for explaining technical concepts? Do you want to work closely with big name companies to solve some of their toughest problems? Do you want to shape the next generation of the customer engagement industry? We’re looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer who loves teaching people, solving problems, and wants to be a major factor in adding to the list of our biggest customers which currently include Nike, Intuit, P&G, IBM, Fox and many others. You’d be joining a team of talented engineers that love open-source, supporting their community, and making life easier for people. We care deeply about our users and partners, and we judge ourselves on how well we serve them.
We partner with our Enterprise Account Executives by removing technical and business related obstacles in front of a sale, advocating for customer interests to relevant internal teams, and creating compelling technical content. We get excited talking to engineers, product managers, marketers, and also know how to distill technical concepts to our buyers. We’re here to make our customers’ lives easier by providing them with the right solutions for their challenges in customer data strategy and architecture.
** This position will support our North America West + Central territory and can be based in San Francisco, Denver, or any remote locations in the Central or West US.
What you’ll do:
- Lead technical discovery and evaluations with our prospects to uncover their goals to articulate Segment’s ability to enable their success.
- Develop subject matter expertise on the customer data and customer engagement landscape, and Segment’s role within the customer data ecosystem
- Take lead on understanding customer technical pains to design, demonstrate and present innovative solutions that unlock business-level gains.
- Act as a trusted advisor to consult with customers and prospects in order to influence their customer data strategy and architecture design.
- Build a perspective on customer and market trends by listening to prospects and advocate customer interests to influence Segment’s strategy and vision.
- Partner with Account Executives to execute pre-sales activities including opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof-of-Concept, RFP Design and business value engineering.
- You have a curiosity that often manifests in understanding technology "under the hood", and have a knack for understanding technical concepts.
- You have a passionate commitment to closing deals.
- You’re a customer focused problem solver. You balance devising creative solutions and doing what’s right for the customer
- You’re a life-long learner - you enjoy digesting new information and sharing that knowledge with others.
- You are organized, driven and have the ability to switch context quickly throughout the day.
- You have professional experience in some of the following areas: Web development, mobile development, device platforms & architectures, ETL concepts and workflows, data engineering, data science, data warehouse design, business intelligence, product analytics, message queuing patterns and pipeline design
- You have 4+ years of success in a solutions engineering (presales) role with 6+ years of progressive professional experience in any technical role serving technical enterprise-grade products
Bonus points if you bring subject matter expertise in one or more:
- Data warehouses, Data lakes
- Data engineering, Data science, Machine Learning, Business intelligence, Product analytics
- Marketing Clouds (Salesforce, Adobe, Oracle, SAP)
- Email marketing, growth marketing, Adtech, programmatic advertising,
- DMPs, MDMs, CDPs
- Mobile Attribution, A/B Testing, Personalization
- Industry knowledge in financial tech, digital healthcare, automotive, B2B
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $123,840- 170,280
Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks