Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The APJ Marketing team at Twilio is looking for a Paid Media Specialist to be our hands-on professional for our search and display ad platforms in Japan!
This role will be playing a very crucial role in the journey of building and optimising all performance marketing initiatives such as search and display ads for customer acquisition, retention and cross-selling across multiple digital platforms. This role will be responsible for the full scope of search engine marketing and performance marketing by developing strategies, hands-on execution, optimisation, measurement and analysis for Twilio Japan.
Come join us and build your future at Twilio!
We are looking for a self starter who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven record of driving towards assigned targets or goals.
The right candidate for this role is a proven marketing technologist and media strategist who possesses a start-up mentality and can quickly uncover new opportunities to build and optimize programs and takes ownership of key tools, most importantly, aligns and organises with cross-functional teams toward one mission.
- Digital marketing savvy with deep expertise and knowledge in performance marketing, especially SEM
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in digital media planning, tracking and conversion funnel optimization.
- Good level of technical knowledge in leading and optimising search campaigns (Google and Yahoo Japan) and display ads (Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- Experience in implementing Google Ads Script and APIs, Tags and Pixels of major ad platforms
- Experience working with B2B marketing technology tools such as Google Analytics, Excel, Google Sheet, Tableau, Heap and Salesforce
- Strong analytical skills. Experience utilizing first and third party data for segmentation, audience creation, targeting, and personalization.
- Outstanding organizational skills and communicate effectively, collaborate and work well in teams, with a "can-do attitude" to achieve successful outcomes
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to handle multiple projects while focused on key priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to new business opportunities.
- Proficiency in Japanese and English
- Passion for the constantly evolving digital world. Strong understanding of the telecommunication or technology industry would be a plus.
Paid Media Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day optimisations on the channel, planning and implementing Twilio’s digital ad campaigns. A day here will involve setting up and handling those campaigns by researching keywords and groups, analysing traffic and trends, monitoring results, and optimising ads based on those results. Commit to developing deep relationships with key campaign stakeholders: Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Field Marketing, and Marketing Operations while becoming passionate about the Twilio product and mission.
- DRAW THE OWL: Plan, launch and optimise search engine marketing strategy and drive display campaigns to achieve audience growth and revenue metrics
- BE AN OWNER: Handle day-to-day digital media operations such as campaign optimisation and account restructuring
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Take on ad copy and social imagery with cross-functional teams, and juggle relationships with various creative agencies and media partners
- WRITE IT DOWN: Conceptualise and develop testing strategies. Monitor and optimise campaigns to maximise engagement & overall return on investment
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Build extraordinary reporting and real-time dashboards to evaluate digital media campaign performance and optimise budget allocation
- DON’T SETTLE: Dive deep into data to understand market trends and competitor landscape. Communicate impactful insights to key stakeholders, translating them into critical initiatives and/or making recommendations for optimisation.
The Asia Pacific and Japan Marketing team works closely with regional sales leadership, global cross-functional teams to support Twilio's continued growth in Japan.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in Japan. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.