Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio, the world’s leading cloud communication platform, is growing rapidly. We are more than 5,000 Twilions worldwide, and we're proud to build a brand new remote-first engineering team, Global Infrastructure.
As part of the Global Infrastructure team you will build multi-region services to support Twilio’s expansion into new regions and points of presence across the globe. This team supports Twilio’s international expansion goals which is one of the major growth vectors for Twilio. You will contribute to a major architectural initiative for the Twilio platform and your work will have a significant impact on the trajectory of the company.
We currently have 2 Software Engineer open positions at different levels for candidates who have demonstrated success working collaboratively to build high-quality frontend systems. For this position, candidates must possess 5+ years of relevant experience.
They also have:
- You have significant experience with modern Web technologies including React and Node.js
- You have experience with testing and validation of frontend components
- You have experience with REST API design and services development
- You have experience with large systems and complex code bases as well as source code control systems such as Github.
- You have experience building and supporting mission critical, performant user-facing systems
- You have strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- You are curious, collaborative, humble and are a Doer
- Technically savvy and experience with cloud technologies such as AWS is a plus
As a software engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You embrace putting your ideas, plans and updates into Github, JIRA, Wikis or Google docs.
- DRAW THE OWL: When you and the team encounter challenges, you pride yourself in being able to pave a safe path to continue execution.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Passion for and proven track record of executing product opportunities deeply grounded in customer needs
- BE AN OWNER: Truly own the product you work on. Be responsible for SLA, on-call, incident resolution, customer feedback and participate in blameless post-mortems to make our products better.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You like to collaborate with and invest in your peers including Product Managers to deliver a meaningful product to the customers.
Twilio is a fast growing company, rapidly expanding the breadth of our product offerings and the geographies we serve. The Global Infrastructure team supports Twilio’s international expansion goals which is one of the major growth vectors for Twilio. You will contribute to a major architectural initiative for the Twilio platform and your work will have a significant impact on the trajectory of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $132,928-$166,160
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $116,312-$145,390
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks