Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sr. Manager of Partner Communications to join the SI and Reseller team. The person in this role will develop an internal and external communications strategy for the SI and Reseller team. They will be responsible for creating content for our internal teams as well as for partners. This will include newsletters, decks, executive communications, and other media. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Partner Experience, this position is a critical position that will support Twilio’s growth. The right person for this role would become a lieutenant to the team leader, helping to run the function day to day and to represent our growing, highly-visible team to senior management. Based on credentials, we can make a Director level hire. Join us!
A strategic individual who is an excellent communicator, story teller, and loves a challenge, is solutions oriented, and knows how to deliver the right information, at the right time to the right audience.
We are seeking a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and meets the following qualifications:
- 10+ years experience leading and running partner communications and awareness, including building compelling content.
- Strong project and change management skills.
- Strong preference for someone with prior experience in a partner role at a technology (software) company.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to listen and collaborate effectively across teams.
- Ability to lead initiatives from ideation through to execution, including planning, communications, engagement, and information dissemination across global teams.
- Experience turning complex topics into engaging content across various channels.
- Organized and detail oriented, with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balance multiple partners with varying needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- MBA desirable
The ideal candidate is motivated by a dynamic and fast-paced culture with extensive prior experience in running partner communications and adept at handling multiple issues in an ecosystem that changes rapidly.
- Create and execute on our internal and partner communications within a clear and consistent framework.
- Own the communication strategy, process, calendar and programs, ensuring the most important messages get to employees and partners, so they know where to go for the information they need.
- Evaluate tools and systems to disseminate information through various media channels for company and customer-wide communications.
- Review, edit, and write clear, engaging, and consistent communications on behalf of various Twilio product teams.
- Work cross-functionally and build partnerships within go-to-market and product teams, as well as the rest of the organization.
- Align all messaging with Twilio’s external communication strategy, brand standards, and tone.
- Review and create internal readiness materials.
As a Sr. Manager/Director of Partner Communications, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Have a bias for action and work effectively in a constantly-changing environment.
- DRAW THE OWL: Create a communication solution that can be used across teams that scale to deliver to internal and external audiences.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Effectively balance multiple priorities and make decisions that best inform Twilions and partners. Anticipate the changing needs of partner communications and how we scale as our company grows.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document new processes and a communication strategy/playbook. Review, edit, and write communications.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work cross-functionally with your team and internal partners to solve communication gaps, and disseminate information to all appropriate audiences.
- BE BOLD: Conceive, plan, and execute new programs, such as a manager communications program and an internal podcast series
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in working with partners and our direct sales organization.
Partners are key to Twilio’s continued growth. As customer requirements become more sophisticated we need a strong set of Partners to help customers implement, support and grow their usage of Twilio. We work closely with Sales leadership to ensure partners are an integrated part of the sales process. SIs and Resellers are key to opening up new revenue opportunities for us in the Enterprise and untapped geographic markets.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $120,832 - $151,040
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $105,728 - $132,160
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks