Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer 4 to join the U.S. Messaging Team, supporting our customers’ use of Twilio’s Programmable Messaging product. They will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as an authority for Twilio’s Programmable Messaging API. Providing exceptional customer service while problem solving and demonstrating a high proficiency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone, email, and chat mediums, are key aspects of this role.
Twilio is looking for a customer-obsessed support engineer with a demonstrated track record of delivering outstanding customer service while handling urgent, highly complex, technical issues. We seek someone with:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API or enterprise software
- Experience with using industry tools to search databases, create custom queries, and generate reports - DataDog, SQL-tools, Excel
- Proven track record of mentoring team members through individual coaching, group training, and documentation
- Strong problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency at developing workflows to increase efficiency while adhering to standard processes and procedures
- Strong communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Advanced time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure and de-escalate tense customer situations in a live environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify process and team improvements, and demonstrable experience to create and curate internal and external documentation
- Previous exposure or knowledge of Twilio products
- Telecommunications industry work experience
- Work experience developing scripts or applications to automate processes and improve efficiency
- Previous experience with JIRA, Zendesk, or similar ticketing systems
As a Messaging Technical Support Engineer 4 you will live the Twilio Magic values (examples, but not limited to):
Wear the Customer’s Shoes & Ruthlessly Prioritize:
- Work on messaging cases submitted by both individual developers and major brands.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting message deliverability issues and debug customer code.
- Speak with a customer on the phone in order to guide them through the development of their SMS application.
Empower Others & Be an Owner:
- Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack.
- File Jira’s to report reproducible bugs and review our internal knowledge base to stay up to speed with industry shifts and standards.
- Coach and mentor teammates on skills and best practices, and provide training to new hires.
- Work with your manager to surface and solve customer problems.
The Technical Support team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with customers of all sizes to solve complex problems. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
This position will be remote in the Pacific Coast US and observe PST hours Monday - Friday shift. If you are in Irvine, Mountain View, Redwood City or San Francisco, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$82,496 - $113,432
Rest of Colorado:
$72,184 - $99,253
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks