Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Director, Product Marketing to lead our Product Marketing team in EMEA. Based out of London, this role will lead a team of two Product Marketers to start, in France and DACH, to help solidify Twilio’s position in the customer engagement space. Reporting to the VP EMEA Marketing, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s growth aspirations across the region. As a player coach role, this person will cover UKI Product Marketing in the near term.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in leading product marketing teams in EMEA. They also:
- Have 10+ years experience in product marketing in Europe, ideally in telecoms / technology (software) companies
- Can interface with a broad range of stakeholders from sales leadership to marketing to product. They are natural communicators and build rapport with a network of collaborators to drive successful outcomes for the region.
- You are a product marketing pro and know how to balance a narrative for regional audiences, while still staying true to global positioning.
- Are comfortable working in a matrixed environment, balancing regional and functional guidance
- Can get things done. You jump into the details and work through hurdles.
- Possess a technical background—you like learning how to build things and figuring out how best to demonstrate the benefits of the product.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
As Director, Product Marketing, EMEA you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the product marketing needs of UKI as an individual contributor, as well as broader responsibility of European product marketing, including line management of team members across Europe.
- BE BOLD: Take the initiative to identify the areas of differentiation for Twilio in Europe - and then build the full suite of coverage from positioning, messaging, website, and detailed sales assets.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Establish a framework for success for the regional product marketers, enabling them to become experts in their own markets, but also working cross-functionally as a team. Align with a group of stakeholders from campaigns, sales enablement, field marketing, etc. to ensure consistency of message across a broad spectrum of customer touchpoints.
- DRAW THE OWL & WRITE IT DOWN: There is no guide book. As the first product marketing leader outside the US, you will need to define the model and work with what you have to find the best path to success for your stakeholders.
The Product Marketing team at Twilio is responsible for defining the next chapter of customer engagement through world-class messaging and positioning, storytelling and customer insights. The Product Marketing team plays an integral role in talking to and listening to customers, to understand their delights, needs and frustrations; and using that to inform the product narrative.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our London (Soho) office. Although the office is currently closed due to COVID, we anticipate a likely return to the office in the Autumn. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.