The Who, What, Why and Where
Segment, a division of Twilio, is growing rapidly and seeking a EMEA Deal Desk Manager to be the point of contact, inspiring leader and contributor in support for all regional deal execution. Reporting to the Director, Worldwide Deal Desk, this position is an individual contributor role initially and a critical partner to the Sales organization to optimize deal execution for Growth, Mid market and Enterprise accounts.
The scope of the role includes understanding and interpreting the impact of any non standard customer requests, while continually applying sound business acumen to ensure optimal, predictable and scalable solution outcomes. This includes articulating the deal economics, scenario modelling pricing models, aligning to product strategies and assessing the operational requirements within the quote to order lifecycle.
In short, this role is integral to deliver on the quarterly goals and optimize the revenue growth opportunity. It touches nearly every part of our business and is a critical part of our customer experience.
The ideal candidate will be a leader who lives the Twilio Magic, able to balance the need for predictable outcomes while being able to assess risk when considering innovative outcomes. A strong inclination to collaborate, and build strong rapport, with Sales is essential. Performing within a framework of autonomy and yet acting collaboratively with the broader team, building knowledge share and camaraderie is a prerequisite. They also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years experience of exceptional and recognized track record in a Deal Desk capacity with an ability to leverage strong Sales Operations and / or Pricing experience
- SaaS business knowledge, a working knowledge of revenue recognition (GAAP, ASC 606) and a basic awareness of commercial contract law
- Solid understanding of the Quote to Order stages within the Lead to Cash lifecycle
- Proficiency in nativating Salesforce and CPQ and / or similar systems
- Ability to interpret, model, solutionize and articulate deviations to standard operating practises and models
- Ability to interpret and present the risk / reward evaluation for deal opportunities to accelerate business decisions and deal execution
- Strong analytical skills - expert in statistical analysis & financial modeling.
- Decisive - Uses a framework and process by which to make and influence decisions, sometimes with incomplete data, throughout the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level, collaborative and cooperative working style.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
As an integral member of the Deal Desk function, the subject matter expert on all things deal related and point person for the EMEA Sales regions you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assess deal economics, pioneer deal enablement initiatives to further our value and impact, and accelerate deal execution velocity. Identify and drive process improvement to simplify the sales motion that results in low touch / high velocity scalable practices. Be the guardian and educator of internal business policies.
- DRAW THE OWL: Perform price / discount realization analysis, combined with relevant deal context, and present actionable recommendations to key business approvers. Identify and qualify new deal structuring opportunities,
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Assume both the day to day tactical requirements of the role while always focused on providing strategic guidance to our Sales team for the high touch Enterprise opportunities
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact and collaborate extensively across all functional teams within Twilio including the broader Deal Desk function
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Develop strong meaningful professional rapport with the Sales leaders, develop an understanding of customer requirements and champion regionally focused deal solutions
The impact of the Deal Desk function and ability to drive seamless deal velocity is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and cross functional stakeholders to provide guidance and best practises as a lever to guide company strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.