Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff Software Engineer for the Video SDKs team, which enables developers to build rich and engaging WebRTC-based media experiences. The SDKs you build will have the audience of 2M+ developers building with Twilio. These SDKs power millions of conversations between users across the globe, on endpoints spanning all the modern browsers and mobile platforms.
Twilio is looking for a C++ and Android Video SDKs Staff Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic, and also:
- You are comfortable with C++, multi-threading and advanced debugging
- You have Android development experience
- You have experience with WebRTC or a comparable media stack
- You have experience with Network Protocols (HTTP, WebSockets)
- You are passionate about developing SDKs, designing APIs, and delivering an excellent developer experience
- You have 5+ years of experience with software development, lifecycle, and processes
- You are creative, dedicated and you get things done.
- Experience in writing cross-platform C++ SDKs for Linux, macOS, iOS, Android
- Experience with setting up and maintaining Continuous Integration
- iOS development experience
- Experience with Media Protocols (RTP/RTCP)
Success in this role will mean:
- Shipping high quality code with predictable velocity on a regular cadence
- Being responsible for the design and development of significant new features end-to-end
- Keeping up-to-date with WebRTC and related technologies, protocols, and standards
- Advancing your expertise in API design, C++ and mobile development
- Being an awesome teammate and striving to continuously improve standard methodologies
- Working with Engineering and Product Management to influence the roadmap and charting technical work plans
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Mountain View office or US Remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks