Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our SendGrid product team, supporting our customers’ use of our cloud-based transactional email platform. We’ve revolutionized the transactional email space by powering the infrastructure for thousands of companies that rely on us to send billions of emails each month.
This role reports to a Manager, Technical Support and will be based in our new Bengaluru office. This position requires working in a shift. The current shift timings for shift based roles supporting our APAC customers is 0630-1530 IST. This position also includes rostering. Rosters will be of a 5 day work week, and could include one or both weekend days. (Tue-Sat, Fri-Tue etc).
Twilio is looking for someone with experience supporting Email and/or Cloud-Based technologies, who is customer focused with a passion for providing an award-winning technical support experience. Excellent customer service is one of the core values of our company and what our customers have come to expect and love about our service. If you are technically savvy, customer focused, and have outstanding communication skills, keep reading.
We seek someone who has:
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing customer/technical support role, supporting Email, SaaS or related technologies
- Experience communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email
- Accountability - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivation - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Experience with the following:
- Supporting Email (or similar) REST API’s
- Troubleshooting email client and related mail delivery protocols
- Reading/Debugging HTML (a plus)
- JIRA/Confluence Experience (a plus)
- SQL (a plus)
As a Technical Support Engineer on our team, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Provide product support for moderate to advanced customer inquiries received via telephone, email, social media and chat. Log customer interactions and tag/categorize issues accordingly.
- DRAW THE OWL: Assess the nature of product or service issues and resolve a variety of complex support problems.
- BE AN OWNER: Be the point of escalation for complex issues within support, and escalate to Product and Engineering teams as necessary.
- DON’T’SETTLE: Identify ways to improve existing processes and procedures.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Coach, guide, assist newer members of the Product Support team with customer issues.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Contribute content to knowledge base to support team and customer enablement
We are there when our customers need us, 24/7, and this position may require you to work an unconventional shift, including evenings or weekends based on evolving team and customer needs. This position will also require supporting our customers on holidays to ensure that our customer’s needs are met.
We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in RMZ Ecoworld office in Bangalore. You will enjoy our incredible perks: snacks, weekly team lunch, awesome health benefit coverage and cool swags. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.