Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is the world’s leading customer engagement platform empowering the world’s developers to build modern communication applications and experiences. We are looking for a talented architect to help us build great developer experiences for our customers. In this role, you will oversee existing Developer Experience infrastructure and drive the long term technical vision, roadmap and strategy for Developer Experience. This role will serve as an Architect on the team supporting the global Developer Experience R&D business unit. This role will drive product architecture, reduce information silos across engineering teams,and improve design and engineering quality across Developer Experience engineering. Additionally, the role will contribute to the overall Twilio architectural organization that drives standards, ensures cross-BU collaboration to achieve best project outcomes.
Twilio is looking for a technical leader who lives the Twilio Magic and with has a demonstrated track record of driving cross functional technical initiatives. In addition, they also have the ability to:
- Define a technical north star and drive alignment towards it.
- Influence across an organization. Do you have a track record of influencing across multiple stakeholder groups and demonstrate the ability to empathize with them?
- Use written documents to drive consensus on long term (2-3 year) initiatives with a company wide impact.
- Design fault tolerant, highly available, and maintainable, systems in large scale distributed environments.
- Architect structured and unstructured data models in a way that meets stringent performance, privacy, security, and data integrity requirements.
- Teach and mentor future architects, principal engineers, and tech leads. Can you raise the tide to lift all boats?
- Think pragmatically. Can you reason about complexity in a pragmatic manner? Can you help work to reduce complexity?
- Act inclusively. Can you be a key leader of a generative organization and promote inclusive values and empathy across the organization?
As a Platform Architect, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Lead or assist in all aspects of technology decisions, including strategy, efficiencies, and integration details. Champion meticulous, high quality engineering and be a role model for software development habits and practices for distributed systems.
- DON’T SETTLE: Focus on delivering the highest quality of services, and you support your team as they push production code that impacts thousands of Twilio customers and their customers.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with engineering managers and tech leads, enabling them to create and deliver critical new products and/or features that align with our strategic objectives.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Connect with teams, both onsite and remote, to ensure they are delivering on engineering and operational excellence and growing their skills through your leadership.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Show the way through crystal clear communication; share your knowledge in a scalable way by documenting vision and viewpoint and by contributing actively to the Architecture Guild.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Developer Experience is the lever for ensuring that developers using the Twilio platform have a consistent and intuitive experience. Engineering in Developer Experience means understanding the evolving needs of developers building on Twilio and delivering products that will meet their needs today as well as meet their needs over the next 3-5 years.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$177.024,00 - $243.408,00
Rest of Colorado
$165.960,00 - $228.195,00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks