Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director of Engineering Services to be a key leader in the evaluation and execution of inorganic growth opportunities for Twilio globally. As one of the Directors in Tech Services, you will grow and lead a high-performing team of colleagues, curating a people-first culture while delivering world class IT solutions. As the leader you will provide strategic business direction and technical vision. Work experience in Information Technology, M&A, and product centered leadership will be an advantage. The person in this role will work cross-departmentally to improve business and system processes while supporting Twilio’s growth efforts. Reporting to the Vice President Tech Services,, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s inorganic growth efforts throughout the entire M&A lifecycle.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading Information Technology teams. They also have:
- 10 years working experience in IT Management
- Proven experience scaling IT teams in a growing business
- Experience managing globally dispersed teams
- Experience implementing best practices for user access management, incident management, and change management
A strong IT Security mindset
- Experience with M&A due-diligence activity and the integration of acquired businesses
- Experience developing processes and policies for regulatory compliance such as ISO, SOC II, SOX, PCI, or HIPAA
- Experience building collaboration and rapport within an organization with both technical and non-technical members
- Experience working in a SaaS company using Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, team spirit and enjoyment of project work as well as the flexibility required for this
ITIL certification is a plus
- Overall responsibility for all systems, networks, and assets
- Ability to think and plan strategically, and execute tactically in partnership with vendors and other business units
- Interface with Customers and Partners on IT and Security requirements
- Define, document, implement, and maintain all IT related policies
- Direct and support implementation of software and systems
- Create infrastructure roadmaps in collaboration with business leaders
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions
- Automate onboarding and offboarding from a systems and applications perspective, working with IT vendor partner
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand software and licensing needs globally, and propose long term solutions
- Manage internal IT support help desk vendor partner
- Leverage automation and innovation to drive efficiency
- 7+ years IT, Security, or enterprise systems experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (graduate degree a plus)
- Have significant experience working in an IT Leadership role at a scaling, cloud-based company
- Have substantial people management experience, and consider yourself a people manager first
Enjoy a fast-paced, globally distributed, and changing environment that enables you to juggle many types of projects at once, from an enterprise business applications technical project you may lead yourself to the project managing of cross-functional teams to deliver on a new asset management process
- Are able to get things done in complex and collaborative environments (we’re seeking someone with a project management, prioritization, and operational excellence bent)
- Have deep knowledge of allied teams and function and how to partner effectively with them (e.g., People (HR), Engineering, Security, etc.)
- Possess interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization in order to delight, influence, and complete deliverables
Are experienced with relevant tools and systems such as G Suite, JAMF, OKTA, Zoura, Miraki Networking, etc
As a Corporate Development Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze strategic markets and provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new inorganic growth ideas from internal and external sources and drive end-to-end execution of M&A.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of transactions, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, and integration.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, and negotiating agreement terms.
Twilio’s global IT teams ensure the availability and usability of global infrastructure and systems, while providing optimal and responsive end-user support services across the organization. Under this leader, we will create and provide operational success for end-user service, network operations, systems administration, enterprise collaboration tools, IT cloud infrastructure.. We have the ability to scale growth and efficiency with seamless processes and impactful improvement. Our developer teams will excel and scale by creating inclusive environments that celebrate diverse thoughts, experiences, and backgrounds.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Denver/Boulder Metro: $146,240 - $201,080
Rest of Colorado: $137,100-$188,512
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks