Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a HR Business Partner Director to partner with our G&A functions including the People team. In this role, you will align business objectives with people strategies, programs, processes and tactics across the applicable functions and geographies. You will coach and partner with employees at all levels, ensuring an exceptional experience through the entire employee lifecycle. You will be an integral part of a growing HRBP team, reporting to the Sr. Director, HRBP (G&A) and partnering closely with regional and functional HRBPs and with COEs across the People team.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of providing business-driven talent strategy, programs and processes through the employee lifecycle. The successful person has motivation and experience building, partnering and implementing meaningful change across a rapid pace, global organization. Someone who can really be a champion of Twilio’s culture, values and employee experience by identifying and executing on people programs that empower Twilions to innovate, scale, and grow. We need someone with working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including organizational design, workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, talent development, compensation, diversity and inclusion, and employment laws. They also have:
- Own the HR strategy for teams in our People organization, ensuring that organizational design as well as HR tools and processes are prepared for the dynamic business growth
- In partnership with the relevant COE’s, implement and optimize the Talent Acquisition and Talent Management strategy
- Provide consultation on HR related topics and procedures for both managers and employees: recruitment, workforce planning, succession planning, performance improvement, facilitate Organisational Changes and team changes, promotions, talent mobility and termination discussions
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Have a hunger for learning and problem solving with a mindset that opportunities to do so are greater in a complex, ambiguous, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Enjoy deriving insights from data to support decision making and clearly present/ communicate complex ideas
- 10+ years as an HRBP or related discipline in a high-growth environment
As HR Business Partner Director aligned with our G&A functions, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Work closely with your business leaders to understand (and eventually contribute to) each team’s current state and desired future state, gaps and priorities needed to achieve business goals.
- BE AN OWNER: Provide guidance and input on business unit org design, workforce planning, and succession planning in alignment with Twilio’s culture and long-term strategy.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Build effective working relationships with Centers of Excellence teams, leveraging their support to execute on HR strategy and operations
- NO SHENANIGANS: Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues in partnership with our Legal and Employee Relations teams. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- BE BOLD: Serve as a change agent, informed by trending and anticipated people analytics, intimate expertise about your internal customers’ short- and long-term needs and external market intelligence
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $146,240.00 - $201,080.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $137,100.00 - $188,512.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks