Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The EMEA Marketing team at Twilio is looking for a Senior Manager, Demand Generation to be our in-house lead for paid search, digital advertising and strategy. You will have one direct report,and be responsible for the day-to-day management of Twilio’s EMEA Search Engine Marketing and other PPC programs via AdWords, Bing, and more. By growing and stimulating our top of funnel prospects, helping build an elite reporting and optimization system, and building out new campaigns and programs on behalf of Marketing stakeholders, you will directly contribute to the region’s aggressive growth targets.
The right candidate for this role is a proven marketing technologist and strategist who possesses a start-up mentality, can quickly uncover new opportunities to optimize and build, takes ownership of key tools, aligns and organizes with cross-functional teams toward one mission. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Senior Manager, Demand Generation you are;
- An “owner” with 6+ years of experience in hands on SEM and paid social/display campaign management, including platforms like Google AdWords (Search, Display, Video), Bing Ads, Facebook, LinkedIn and supplementary platforms for PPC management and optimization
- Analytically minded with intellectual curiosity combined with experience measuring the effectiveness and impact of marketing programs to drive conversions, pipeline and deal flow
- Experience leading a team of performance marketers including budget management, ROI optimization and multi-tasking multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Tableau, Excel
- You enjoy tackling projects and simplifying systems for scale and agility. You are encouraged to act as an owner, and drive cross-functional teams towards common goals
- You want to work in a fast moving rocketship, own and design programs, have goals and responsibilities that are critical to the broader Marketing team’s goals
Regarding culture, we seek people who demonstrate our values, enjoy solving tough problems, empower others to thrive, “draw the owl”, and adapt their playbook when necessary.
As Senior Manager, Demand Generation you will:
- Partner with sales teams to drive increasing customer acquisition to meet monthly, quarterly and yearly goals.
- Take the lead with Twilio digital ad campaigns. Plan, launch and optimize Search Engine Marketing, Paid Social and Banner Awareness campaigns across Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter in addition to other ad servers and systems
- Work with teams to create and update keyword-specific landing pages with a focus on performance, as well as developing plans for A|B testing new landing pages for improved conversion rates.
- Report on campaign success metrics, creative unit performance, and return on investment, analyzing the impact of SEM on customer acquisition.
- Own strategy for Performance Marketing budget and provide projections on future trends, traffic and budgeting needs, as well as driving digital engagement and scale and with increasing efficiency
- Discover and implement additional Google / Bing advertising programs (ex: Gmail Sponsored Promotion Ads).
- Monitor driven actions and research marketplace changes to provide updates and recommendations to the team.
- Be creative! Take on ad copy and social imagery with Twilio’s Creative & Brand team, juggle relationships with various outside vendors and creative agencies
- Work with Marketing Strategy and Analytics to create elite reporting and dashboards for real-time analysis in Tableau.
As a Senior Manager, Demand Generation you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze market trends and provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new growth ideas from internal and external sources, leveraging performance data as your guide.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our regional sales and marketing leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment with regards to vendor contracts and budget management, reporting accuracy and intellectual honesty regarding performance metrics.
Your insights, ideas, and leadership will carry Twilio to the next level of our trajectory. Because Twilio is fueling the future of communications, we have an impactful narrative that attracts millions of visitors and leads. That makes this role attractive for marketing professionals who take a data-driven approach. Small changes can make a big difference.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our London office. Although the office is currently closed due to COVID, we anticipate a likely return to the office in the Autumn. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.