Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Lead to grow and develop our new Partners Engineering team in Services Operations. As the Technical Lead, you will own and be responsible for the engineering architecture from design through delivery, across the software development lifecycle (SDLC). You will establish and continuously improve our developer standard methodologies, and guide our architecture blueprints, code reviews, continuous integration and deployment pipelines, documentation and software release processes.
- Live by and champion our cultural values of the Twilio Magic
- Embrace an engineering artisan culture, and take pride to deliver well-designed APIs and frictionless user interfaces
- You are able to develop an architectural vision, and have proven the ability to communicate, advocate and realize your vision
- Partner effectively with Program Managers to execute on our roadmap and priorities, and deliver business value to our partners
- Understand and engage in the product strategy, business requirements, clients requirements in partnership with executive leadership, Program and Product Managers
- Collaborate with engineering leads to design technical blueprints, and translate product requirements to a technical solution
- Focus on our customers and have compassion for our users’ needs and businesses enabled by the Twilio platform.
- Continuously improve our standard methodologies for how we operate
- Execute across the technical stack from full-stack application development to low-level optimizations and debugging, from system design to writing end-to-end tests, from slinging code to operations and assuring the quality of your work.
- Experience developing software on AWS or Google Cloud Services.
- Knowledgeable and opinionated about the design of REST APIs
- 7+ years of experience in building Web user experiences, preferably using frameworks like React, Vue, or Angular.
- Bachelor’s degree/equivalent experience required.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you live the Twilio Magic by:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: You think backwards from a customer perspective and continuously iterate and improve on our products to raise the bar. You care deeply about user experiences and love intuitive, fluent, and responsive interfaces.
- BE AN OWNER: Own the execution of your work from design through delivery. You are passionate about code quality and demonstrate ownership across the end-to-end software development lifecycle.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex software plans, designs, and implementations are communicated clearly and effectively to our engineers and partners.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify new approaches from internal and external sources, and experiment to deliver software that moves the needle on our business metrics using data to drive decision-making.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You are comfortable working in high-performing, self-organizing teams and trust yourself and others to get the job done on time and on quality. You embrace agile development and working in a distributed team.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You strive for inclusion and transparency, and thrive in a multi-functional environment collaborating with engineering, product managers, and partners.
The Services Operations team provides industry leading technical solutions, data analytics, and programs that enable Twilio customers and the Services business to be more efficient and effective. This is an opportunity to join a diverse, passionate and high-performing team and to help us scale the Services business at Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be based out of our Twilio office in Bangalore, India. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. You can enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.