Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
As a PM Manager, you will lead and grow a team of Product Managers who impact Twilio’s fastest growing products. You will manage and expand a Twilio product, the Conversations API, by building a deep understanding of customers needs and the competitive landscape, creating a strategy to win this uncharted territory, and leading your team of Product Managers to execute. You will also partner closely with sales, marketing, and senior leadership, to ensure success.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of delivering products that customers love. They also have:
- 7+ years of experience as a Product Management leader in a fast-paced company focused on delivering software.
- Developed the product vision, the business case--including the product planning material necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity and consensus.
- Hired, trained, and managed teams of Product Managers. API experience is a plus.
- Possesses great communication skills. You're equally at home on stage presenting to an audience as you are debating product architecture. Your best days are the ones where you do both on the same day.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
As a Product Management Director, you will live the Twilio Magic:
BE AN OWNER
- Own the vision and execute the roadmap for your portfolio of products – communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
DRAW THE OWL
- Identify and qualify new features, segments, and workflows to become market leaders.
- Hire, teach, and grow Product Managers to scale the organization and its capabilities.
WRITE IT DOWN
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES
- Seek out and gather the needs of our customers – translate and synthesize them into actionable products/product requirements.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing immediate/tangible value, and adjust frequently.
- Manage your overall portfolio/roadmap for on-time development and release of customer value–ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
- Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating products, conducting due diligence, and negotiating prioritization with stakeholders and engineering partners.
Brands globally are incorporating more and more customer communication into their workflows. Twilio Frontline is empowering companies to assist customers and build relationships no matter where they are - in a store fulfilling orders, delivering on-demand services, or working from home.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. With 6 million developers on the platform, you will have the opportunity to have an impact on a massive scale. Your job will be to turn developers into heros!
For now, this position will be remote. Once it’s safe to return to our office, this position will be located in our NYC office. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.