Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking an exceptional and passionate Director to join our M&A Integration team in our Business Operations function. We serve as the strategic + analytics + operational glue that partners with Twilio senior leadership and business leaders to accelerate Twilio’s growth via inorganic opportunities. We are looking for exceptional business generalists who can run rings around tough business problems, wield excellent analytical skills and build trust-based relationships as second nature. This role will focus on driving post-merger integration activities.
In Business Operations, you are at the forefront of helping Twilio drive fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and enable growth and innovation. We are looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading successful, large-scale, complex cross-functional projects.You are:
- A natural problem-solver and strategic thinker. You lead inclusive, rigorous, efficient and creative problem solving on complex issues - leading to a clear set of so-whats, conclusions and recommendations and supported by rigorous analytics.
- A communication expert. You communicate effectively with all audiences, regardless of level. You consistently mobilize people to act through crisp and actionable synthesis (written and verbal).
- Highly collaborative, and partner-oriented professionally. Your team-first attitude enables you to easily build enduring, trust-based relationships with key business partners and effectively work with cross-functional teams as a trusted thought partner.
- Performance oriented. You inspire peers and team members to set high expectations and strive to achieve them. You recognize and champion and critical initiatives without prompting or influencing from senior leaders, broadening impact from self and team.
- Empathetic and team-first. You use your understanding of human behavior to identify problems and issues proactively and act on that knowledge to influence change. You love helping others drive successful business outcomes in their areas of responsibility.
- A strong team leader. You elevate team performance and health. You nurture commitment to our common vision and shared values. You mentor and coach others in a strengths-based way to ensure their success and growth.
The ideal candidate has 8+ years of relevant experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, or technology company; experience leading/participating in M&A integrations is a plus.
As a Director on the Business Operations team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Deeply understand the business health and key performance metrics for the Twilio business that you support. Deep dive regularly into metrics to identify root cause issues and opportunities and follow through with action-oriented insights.
- BE AN OWNER and DRAW THE OWL: Go elbows-deep by partnering with and supporting business owners across functions, to work on top priority strategic projects – from new growth initiatives and business models, to competitive intelligence, to investment priorities.
- DRAW THE OWL and BE BOLD: Evaluate new market opportunities, analyze risks and implementation challenges and synthesize findings and insights.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE and EMPOWER OTHERS: Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans and project / program managing as needed.
- WRITE IT DOWN and BE INCLUSIVE: Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and broader Twilio organization.
Given the incredible exposure of the Business Operations team across Twilio, we believe you will enjoy the diversity of fun and complex challenges you take on.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be remote in the Pacific US time zone only. We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $113,280 - $155,760
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks