Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s IoT team is growing rapidly and we’re seeking a Director of Product Management to be a key leader in the evaluation and execution of new services and features. The group has an ambitious mission: to make the physical world programmable, beginning with cellular IoT offerings such as Super SIM. Reporting to GM of IoT, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s growing needs for our IoT and Wireless customers.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading IoT products that can scale. They also have:
- 9+ years in product management in a fast-paced company. You have hustle and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- As the leader of the Product Management group, you will build an understanding of the product’s vision, the business case, as well as compiling the product planning material necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity and consensus.
- Technically savvy. Project experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, and AI/ML is a plus
- You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as a key trait.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- You have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- The ability to solicit customer requirements from many - often competing - sources, prioritize, and work with engineering and design to deliver
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Great communication skills.
- Previous experience as a developer and the ability to have a comfortable conversation with developers.
- Experience managing products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield.
- As the Director of the Product Management, all junior managers look up to you for leadership and direction. The director must have excellent leadership qualities and have the ability to influence and inspire the junior managers in applying various approaches or strategies for the product.
- In addition to this, the director also acts as a mentor for junior managers, offering guidance in the performance of their functions and readying them for the next step in their career path.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Director of Product Management, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Be the leading expert on our customers, understanding what and how they are building, where they get stuck, and what tools or tech will make their jobs easier.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Own the roadmap for CDAX.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating products, conducting due diligence, and negotiating prioritization with stakeholders and engineering partners.
IoT is a key emerging business at Twilio -- important not only as a growth area for the company, but because we’re working to build a better tomorrow.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in the United States. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.