Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Twilio Director of Cloud Partners will be responsible for developing our global cloud provider relationships with AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure and others. She or he will be responsible for driving growth in pipeline and revenue through a portfolio of Cloud partnerships.
The candidate will own Twilio’s go-to-market strategy and execution, including the full spectrum of the partnership including market analysis, joint solution and value proposition development, launch plans, ownership of financial modeling and revenue targets. They will also be accountable for maintaining a pipeline of joint selling opportunities with the named global cloud provider and delivering partner-sourced revenue. This individual will work closely with the rest of the Global BD organization as well as the field organization to ensure we are maximizing the opportunity with our partners.
The Director of Cloud Partners role requires a combination of tactical and strategic skills to develop a trusted advisor relationship with partners globally to ensure those relationships can deliver value to them and Twilio. In this role, you will utilize strong management and relationship building competencies to set a vision/or strategy and objectives to drive growth, globally. This role requires excellent communication skills and a proven track record in assessing partnership potential, defining, closing and executing against mutually successful business plans.
This is a high profile, strategic position within the company that requires regular interaction with executive staff and close coordination with other cross functional groups and stakeholders within Twilio. The individual will be seen as a senior business partner and influencer, and should have a track record of past relationships and strategic deals to reference to demonstrate a high level of competency.
- 8+ years of experience in managing partner relationships with platform players at the executive level
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with strategy development, partnership management or business development in the technology industry
- Proven track record establishing and maintaining strong, productive partner relationships
- Experience leading a team of 3-5 partner leads
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, discriminate between critical and non-critical requirements, and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Low ego, high energy, with a demonstrated track record for jumping-in and working effectively cross functionally
- Strategic - Provide proactive, meaningful insight & identification of long-term or overall aims and interests and the means of achieving them
- Decisive - Uses a framework or process by which to make decisions. At times, will need to make decisions quickly and often with incomplete data
- Persuasive - “Write it down” and bring others to their point of view using your strong communication skills, logic, data, and persuasive presentation skills. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Build a clear, concise cloud partner strategy with a measurable partner management process and governance
- Oversee the day-to-day relationships and activities with a portfolio of cloud partners including AWS, GCP and Azure
- Work cross-functionally to implement new and existing initiatives with multiple internal organizations including sales, marketing, services, and product marketing / management organizations, to grow pipeline and revenue
- Drive, maintain and present a pipeline of current and prospective opportunities designed to drive visibility, revenue, customers and extend Twilio’s footprint
- Develop and promote AWS, GCP and/or Azure Marketplace strategies and drive execution through third party vendors.
- Be a strong spokesperson and evangelist for Cloud Partners internally, with the ability to articulate clearly and concisely, the joint value proposition to sales leaders and their teams as well as partner’s teams
- Understand and manage the competitive landscape and assess strategic opportunities jointly with cloud providers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Normally, this position would be located in our beautiful office at 101 Spear Street in San Francisco. When we do return to offices (date as yet unknown), you will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. Regardless of where you are, you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $160,896-$201,120
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $150,840-$188,550
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks