Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
is growing rapidly, and, like many technology companies, information is integral to our business. Our business relies on it and our customers demand that we properly handle and protect it. We’re looking for a leader to help build out our Information Governance Program. You will partner with our product managers and engineers as well as our Litigation, Privacy, and Security teams, to define information policy requirements and work with technical and non-technical teams to build processes, systems and tools to implement a risk-based framework for handling information at Twilio that incorporates and harmonizes already existing applicable frameworks and policies.
The ideal candidate has experience developing and implementing a policy framework and evaluating issues independently in a fast-paced environment. You think strategically and have a track record of strong execution. You speak the language of our technical teams. Familiarity with various regulatory frameworks such as GDPR, SOX, and HIPAA, as well as information handling for litigation, investigations, and protection of IP, are a must.
You also know how to:
- Drive policy strategy creation and consistent execution to continuously assess effectiveness, identify needs, and improve processes.
- Define a risk strategy and set of policies that take into consideration the business’s current needs and future ambitions.
- Identify areas for quick wins to strengthen our information risk posture in the near term, while keeping an eye on how those wins fit into an overall long-term information governance strategy.
- Work with technical teams to define and operationalize information policy requirements. Apply data governance tools and technology to help implement information governance policies.
- Influence with experience from privacy, data security, or policy issues and lead multiple business priorities; familiar with privacy legislative frameworks
As an Information Policy Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Coordinate internal constituencies to author and publish information policies; implement a framework for information risk management at Twilio.
- DRAW THE OWL: Define and implement information risk policies based on legal, regulatory and business requirements.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Engage with Data teams as the policy professional and drive data protection requirements at Twilio. Design and operationalize solutions that implement these requirements at scale.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Serve as the internal domain specialist and advocate for data handling standards and methodologies.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Monitor compliance with information policies, and assist in audits and responding to regulatory inquiries. Report on success metrics.
The Information Policy Management team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We focus on building both the user-facing features and internal services that provide our user choices around their data, build trust by managing data risks, advance data privacy and security, and enable our business by unlocking revenue opportunities. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to ensure consumer privacy and data protection through differentiated products and services, standards in engineering, policy, and transparent communications.
Twilio is empowering developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We are ideally looking for someone to be based in our London office but Twilio has a distributed and remote-friendly office structure, thus the location of this position can be flexible. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.