Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director to lead our Services functions in the Asia-Pacific (APJ) region, including Customer Success, Professional Services, and Customer Support. This role will serve as part of Twilio’s APJ Leadership team. Our Services team’s mission is to enable our customers - from developers, to independent software vendors (ISVs), to enterprises - to successfully adopt, maintain, and grow their usage of Twilio products We do that by keeping our promises and co-owning our customers’ success.
We are looking for a leader who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading Services teams. They also are/have:
- + years Technology Post-Sales leadership with 10 years as a manager of managers
- Customer Success, Professional Services, and Customer Support background (at least two of these are required)
- Proven track record of leading multi country organizations in the APJ region with 50+ employees
- Demonstrated leadership experience in building and scaling high-performance teams
- Able to bring insights to the global Services and APJ leadership teams
- Strong influence skills, working with Twilio’s sales teams and leaders to implement a cohesive customer care strategy
- A strong people leader with proven ability to attract, motivate, develop and retain top talent (both managers and individual contributors) across multiple functional post-sales disciplines
- Successfully partnered with cross-functional teams and comfortable working in a highly matrixed environment
- A strategic thinker, able to think creatively and inspire teams to do the same
- Operational mind-set focused on scale, efficiency and performance
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals and operational targets
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Able to work in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment with a strong bias toward action
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who enjoy challenging problems, empower others to thrive, people who can “draw the owl” and not be beholden to one playbook.
As Director of Services, APJ, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: You will be responsible for all aspects of leading and scaling the APJ Services teams. This includes leading the expansion of the Services team in APJ by hiring, onboarding, readiness and ongoing development for supporting new products and services. In addition, this role will be accountable for developing frontline leadership, coaching, mentoring and performance management. Bringing insights, continuous improvement and leading change initiatives to ensure every Services team member loves their experience with Twilio, which in turn will ensure our customers’ experiences are fantastic. Represent the voice of our Services team as part of APJ’s executive leadership.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Manage both front line managers and individual contributors supporting APJ. Lead team members to deliver an exceptional customer experience and partner with APJ leadership to meet operational targets across the 3 functional organizations, including areas such as customer satisfaction, retention & churn, ARR, billable utilization,, revenue, gross margin, and bookings..)
- DON’T SETTLE & DRAW THE OWL: You are ready to partner closely with cross-functional teams across APJ to proactively participate in organizational design, onboarding programs, career development pathing, and resourcing/talent skillset maps and gap identification. You will also identify, document and advocate for resolution of roadblocks, with various stakeholders to measure & enhance our employee and end customer experiences.
- BE INCLUSIVE: You will partner with our Regional Sales organization and Services leadership teams to forecast revenue and resource growth and to scale the team. You will lead planning, hiring and onboarding efforts to scale APJ while raising the bar on the standard of excellence. You will provide regular employee coaching and ongoing guidance to foster a strong culture of collaboration, customer empathy and help your teams achieve career development aspirations. Strong partner to our APJ Managing Director, Human Resources and APJ leadership team members, representing the voice of the Services team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in APJ. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.